Se connecter
Se connecter

ou
Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Commentaires sur la news : Brains de Behringer : à vos pronostics !

• 74 réponses
  • 50 participants
  • 7 577 vues
  • 57 followers
1 Commentaires sur la news : Brains de Behringer : à vos pronostics !
220.jpg
La marque évoque depuis un moment une future STAN gratuite.. Est-ce qu’il s’agit de Brains ?

Lire la news

Ce thread a été créé automatiquement suite à la publication d'une news pour ce produit. N'hésitez pas à poster vos commentaires ici !
Afficher le premier post
Quelqu'un peut infirmer/affirmer que ce sont bien les algos du Plaits?
Si oui, c'est très mesquin (une fois de plus) de la part de Behringer de même pas nommer où ils ont pris les algos.

Edit ! Sur le site ils mentionnent que 15 algos viennent du Plaits.

[ Dernière édition du message le 15/06/2021 à 13:11:40 ]

Si j'aime ça?, Négatif ! et quoi d'autre? OUH HOUH OU!

[ Dernière édition du message le 15/06/2021 à 13:18:57 ]

Les pieds dans le plaits ...
Du coup c'est un clone de quoi ?
En tout cas les potards n'inspirent pas confiance.
C'est un clone d'Arturia en fait qui a cloné les algo de Mutable instrument....C'est un peu la reponse du berger a la bergere....La guerre des clones on pourrait dire...
En tout cas encore bravo a Mutable instrument pour tout ces instruments.
Ça ressemble fort au Plaits de Mutable Instruments, dont il utilise 15 moteurs sonores et les 5 autres seraient de chez Behringer. Ils ont ajouté un écran OLED qui fait oscilloscope et une connexion USB.
x
Hors sujet :
Il y a des limites dans l'usage et les licenses dans le cadre de GNU open source etc (j'y connais rien) ????
En clair, Emilie Mutable sera t elle remunéré un minimum dans ce cas (comme dans le cas du microfreak) ??, parce que les remerciements en bas de page c'est bien mais ça fait pas tout.

une vielle et alors ...??

[ Dernière édition du message le 15/06/2021 à 13:55:46 ]

Je suppose que la réponse qu'Emilie de Mutable Instruments avait faite à propos du Microfreak d'Arturia serait la même ici :

Citation :
Hello peeps!

There is a lot of noise on the internet regarding the Arturia Microfreak.

Let me clarify a couple of things.

First of all, Plaits’ code is open-source, which means that anybody is free to use it, as long as they credit me somewhere (it can be in a product description page, or a footnote in a downloadable manual, or an “about” dialog). This is why you can find Mutable Instruments’ DSP code in the Korg Prologue, the Axoloti, the Organelle, VCV Rack, and plenty of other bits of software or hardware. This is not stealing. Plaits’ code is a summary of everything I’ve learnt about making rich and balanced sound sources controlled by a few parameters, it’s for everyone to enjoy.

Now, regarding the Microfreak.

Arturia had been in the process of developing a hybrid synth for a while, and contacted me about using some of Plaits’ code inside. I had no objection to that.

In May, they invited me to their headquarters for a product development meeting where they showed me mockups of the Microfreak. It was fairly clear at this point that it was their product. The feature set, UX, sound engine were all already set in stone. The product obviously followed Arturia’s design language and branding. My expected contribution to the project was none: Arturia’s engineers would do their own thing with my code, the tone character and sound design was their responsibility. It was pointless for me to suggest features and ideas (*), or spill the beans about ideas I wanted to keep for upcoming Mutable Instruments products, and this awkward event felt more like a focus group.

Arturia offered to mention something like “Oscillator code from Mutable Instruments” in the product description, which is my preferred form of citation. No monetary compensation has ever been discussed – which is fair, because I provided exactly 0 hour of work and 0 original line of code. No contract has been drafted or signed.

Arturia contacted me back last week with a photo of the finished product. I never had the opportunity to playtest it. I have not been asked to approve or veto any promotional material.

As you can see, my involvement was fairly limited.

I don’t feel wronged. It’s their product.

However, I feel uneasy when people got excited, seeing it described as a collaboration between Mutable Instruments and Arturia, because none of the technical and design choices involved in this product originate from me. I have been quite disconcerted by the private messages congratulating me for this release and achievement. I know some people have been waiting for a Mutable Instruments keyboard synth, or at least non-modular product, for a while. Well, this is not it. That’s what I wanted to say to the world. I don’t want people to associate any negative experience they could have with this product with Mutable Instruments. I don’t want people to think that I endorsed or at least authorized some aesthetic decisions regarding this product or the communication surrounding it.

With its focus on local production, open-source, deliberate lack of marketing and advertising, Mutable Instruments is an unusual company. It’s stimulating and fun, but somewhat dangerous too. Turning Arturia into an enemy – those talks of boycotts and those tweets demanding justice – is only adding fuel to the fire and increasing the risks of getting me attacked in ways I don’t expect and I am not protected against.

If you care about me, move on! I need a lot of strength and energy at the moment, and it should all be focused on finishing new products.

So please let Arturia enjoy their release party, it’s hard work to ship a product. Buy their product if you think you’ll have fun and make good music with it, don’t buy otherwise. Buy Mutable Instruments products (or the Softube clones) if you want to fund me, or build your own and give the money to charities.

Love,
Émilie

(*) To people thinking that this is all my fault because I was too passive at this point, I’ll take a little musical comparison: Someone has made a track using a stem you have publicly shared. They want to market their track as a “collaboration” with you, but they only give you the opportunity to provide feedback during the mastering session. Would that be a fair collaboration?

Saka    X32experience.canalblog.com

Et à propos, Behringer ajoute même le lien vers le Github du Plaits en bas de page du Brains.

https://github.com/pichenettes/eurorack/tree/master/plaits

Il y a tout là si vous voulez vous construire votre propre Plaits, composants, schémas, circuits, code et même face avant.
Donc ils jouent le jeu comme souhaité par Emilie.

Du coup, 149 euros pour un modèle tout fait et amélioré, c'est pas mal :)

Saka    X32experience.canalblog.com

x
Hors sujet :
Cette situation me fout un malaise terrible coincé entre la satisfaction d'un matos accessible au plus grand nombre et mon incompréhension de s'inspirer en tres grande partie de matériel encore en vente (même avec l'accord de sa créatrice) ; on n'est plus du tout dans la ré-édition de matos mythiques tombés dans le domaine publique.
Tout le monde a raison, est dans son droit, pas de problème.
Je parle juste de Mon sentiment en tant que consomm"acteur". J'achete MI et continuerait (plus pour très longtemps hélas)

une vielle et alors ...??

[ Dernière édition du message le 15/06/2021 à 14:11:12 ]