ou

Sujet Commentaires sur la news : Waldorf présente le synthé à table d'ondes M

• 293 réponses
  • 51 participants
  • 30 720 vues
  • 68 followers
1 Commentaires sur la news : Waldorf présente le synthé à table d'ondes M
309176.jpg
Après les Microwave I et Microwave II, le constructeur revient avec un combiné modernisé : voici le M.

Lire la news

Ce thread a été créé automatiquement suite à la publication d'une news pour ce produit. N'hésitez pas à poster vos commentaires ici !
Afficher le premier post
x
Hors sujet :
oui il y a un tas de stats comme le nombre de pages vues, les commentaires sur le fil relatif à l'article, etc.
"In this video I demonstrate those Microwave 1 PPG 2.3 presets in comparison to the Waldorf M. The Team from Waldorf reprogrammed all those sounds from the PPG 2.3 card, which was originally made by Wolfram Franke. I think they did a great job. Some sounds I skipped, because they did not match at all. I think it is not due to the synth, it is just a programming matter, like different modulation, envelopes and wavetable envelope. So finally here are the results of the sounds in comparison. No musical video at all, but just to demonstrate, how close can the Waldorf M sound to the Microwave 1. In this video I used the version B, with a bit of a different filter type to version A. The M uses SSM filter clones, like in the PPG. I tweaked a bit around and I recognized, that the resonance from the M Filter thins a bit out but screams more like on the Microwave. It has much more in common to the PPG Filter. So the M shall come closer to the PPG than the Microwave 1. I think that the M is a bit more comfortably sounding, the Microwave sounds a bit more aggressive and "vintage" also. But the differences are very subtle and I think that Waldorf did a great job with the M to recreate the classic Microwave."

[ Dernière édition du message le 16/08/2022 à 19:03:37 ]

Je trouve ça ambigu, rien ne démontre qui fait quoi. En tout cas ça sonne comme j'aime, j’apprécie ce coté "ferraille et limaille", merci pour le partage...

Le plus majestueux des chênes n'était autrefois rien d'autre qu'un pauvre gland...

transmission-soundcloud

Citation de erewhon :
Je trouve ça ambigu, rien ne démontre qui fait quoi. En tout cas ça sonne comme j'aime, j’apprécie ce coté "ferraille et limaille", merci pour le partage...

De rien ;-) , le M est controlé par le PPG Wave et le Microwave par le Modal 002.
Pour ceux que ça intéresse, une première série de 100 cartes d'extension pour passer le M à 16 voix ont été produites, vous pouvez vous enregistrer sur le site Waldorfmusic.

[ Dernière édition du message le 02/10/2022 à 09:21:44 ]

Le dernier firmware 1.08 est disponible ici https://drive.google.com/file/d/1biUSWjraMirPuLooXagWloDYKBad1P8Y/view . La version officielle de Waldorf suivra un peu plus tard en raison de problèmes techniques.

BUG FIXES / IMPROVEMENTS

- fixed : user WT loading to modern mode with two different UWTs.

- fixed : screen refresh on receive sysexes does not occur anymore.

- fixed : sample transfer can lose samples under certain conditions.

- fixed : color bug in control slots.

- fixed : the Mod Wheel splitted between the parts.

- fixed : Note On Velocity 0 override if arpeggio is enabled.

- improved : removed MIDI LED blicking on MIDI Clock arrived.

- improved : MIDI Clock Slave mode more stable tracking (although not fully fixed with certain devices with 48/96 ppm).

- improved : modern user WT transforms in modern mode — lowest octaves now not losing half of the samples.

- improved : now by default all UWTs are sawtooth (valid only for new / flash formatted M).

- improved : global LFO settings rate and shape are now separated from LFO2.

- improved : added orange marker for MW2 mode-related parameters.

- improved : checked alignment of slots in UI.

- improved : updated User WT loading routines, changed interpolation algorithms. Fixed bug with lost samples.

- improved : some adjustment in the random sound init for digiVCF

- improved : UI fixes after user requests (MIX, VCF pages).

- improved : release stage of EG now released until -105 dB instead of -85dB (as on MW1). Allow the following S&H of 508 of Microwave 1 more precisely.

NEW FEATURES

- added : new system parameters - VCA control scalers, 16-bit UWT samples setting.

- added : Smooth scan implemented for modern mode.

- added : last three digital VCFs of MW2 for modern mode.

SAMPLEHOLD - S&H followed LP12 — Extra parameter is the clock of S&H.
SHAPER - MW2 shaper (variable shaper) - Extra is Wave of WT2 - the «Wave-To-Shape».
FMLP12 - OSC2 output as FM input for LP12, Extra is depth of modulation.

- added : extra 4 digiVCF types for modern mode (one also for both)

the next two were proposed by gearspace user Xpanderbeanz — many thanks! :

SAMPLEHOLDHP - S&H followed HP12
FMHP12 - OSC1 as FM for HP12

FBOOST - 6db BP ac as EQ (Extra = mix between the dry signal and BP6-processed), cutoff set frequency, and resonance set the amplification of frequency. Works also in classic OSC mode!

MSHAPER — my (VladiS) Dankeschön to all of you. M shaper is the same as MW2 shaper (OSC2 Wave as shape curve) with one exception — it uses not an Extra parameter but real actual wave from OSC2. I.e. it is a modulable shaper, i.e. shape curve will constantly change as long as the wave of OSC2 is changing. In other words, it always takes an actual wave of OSC2 to shape the signal. (Shape curve is an actual wave from OSC2, Extra - Depth (mix between processed and dry signal)). Try it, and welcome to the darkest side of M!

- added : Gate State as modulator (Gate On = 1, Gate Off = 0).

- added : 16-bit user wavetable loader (with selectable wave size & interpolation). Just use wtslotxx.wav file (instead of wtslotxx) with signed 16-bit mono samples inside, 256 samples wavelength.

- added : Option to save Multi and update the linked sounds simultaneously. One need
press Shift + OK on the Arrangement Save screen, and all single sounds, linked to the arrangement, will be updated too.

- added : Voice Noise modulator for all OSC modes. Try it and blow your mind with blown-like sounds. Through reverb is a deep space dive.

- added : «Last minute call» SD card simple logger (bank/patch/multi/part save/restore on load).

- added : «Last minute call» VCA Scaler per voice support (work like VCA manual attenuation tuning in the range 0.5 - 1.0 Scaler of max attenuation. As it is not logarithmic, applied to the Digital VCA CV BEFORE analog logariphmisation — the effect is relatively subtle (ca. -10 dB) but allows to «soften» VCAs response of M.
Merci tomheck!
Je viens de remonter un petit bug sur les filtres de messages MIDI en mode Multi qui ne semblent pas fonctionner comme ils le devraient ;)
Citation de GilJ :
Merci tomheck!
Je viens de remonter un petit bug sur les filtres de messages MIDI en mode Multi qui ne semblent pas fonctionner comme ils le devraient ;)

👍 d'après Vladis un firmware 1.09 devrait suivre pour un lissage des derniers bugs qui devraient apparaitre avec ce dernier O.S.
Salut à vous,

Un peu de son avec le M :)

Cette fois ci le M est utilisé pour les PADS (avec la reverb Rooms de Death by Audio) et le LEAD à la fin, à travers le Particle de Red Panda.

La vidéo débute avec toutes les séquences à vide et j'enregistre au fur et à mesure les patterns dans le Keystep Pro.

J'espère que vous aimerez ;)

A bientôt,
GilJ.
:bave:

x
Hors sujet :
En plus tu gères vraiment bien le KS Pro ! (j'en ai un, mais je ne suis pas aussi à l'aise que toi)