Alesis iO|2

Interface audio USB de la marque Alesis appartenant à la série iO

Sujet iO|2 et Windows 7

• 3 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 3 375 vues
  • 2 followers
Sujet de la discussion iO|2 et Windows 7
Pour info : il n'y a pas de driver Windows 7 (64 bits) pour l'instant, mais patience, Alesis y travaille (pour tous ses produits)...

Citation de Alesis :

Hello,

At this time the IO/2 is not supported for use on Windows 7, just Windows XP and Vista, 32 bit.

Windows 7 has just recently been released.  It is typical for new OS releases to undergo several updates shortly after release, and Microsoft has all ready announced that many under-the-hood changes it will be introducing.  Please visit our website often, where new drivers will be made available as free downloads on the as soon as they are available.  Each product has it’s own dedicated page on our site where all driver and software updates can be found.

With the past releases of Win 98, 2000, XP, and Vista, it was many months before the majority of software and hardware on the market were considered ‘supported’ on the new platform.  Windows 7 is not a minor update by any means, and any decision to update a given computer should be considered carefully.  Windows Vista had been on the market for well over a year when in early October 2009, Microsoft announced the second largest patch ever for one of their operating systems…fixing 36 issues in Vista which they deemed critical.  With Windows 7, it will likely be 6 months to a year before the DJ and/or Recording industries as a whole will be adopting and recommending Windows 7 as a preferred platform for any professional application. That said, we are fully committed to supporting emerging technologies, and are working now on updated Windows 7 compatible drivers for our entire current line of products.

Best Regards,

Justin Baro

Good girls play dressed up. Bad girls play Rock'n'Roll !

[ Dernière édition du message le 31/12/2009 à 18:16:58 ]

Un nouveau petit message pour Alesis. je posterai la réponse si/quand je la reçois.
N'hésitez pas à leur écrire aussi, ça les fera peut-être bouger. Chez Line6 au moins ils sont hyper-réactifs, Alesis me déçoit par contre, je dois bien l'avouer...

Citation de zetrex :
Hello,

I finally managed to get the i|o2 work with Cubase 5.1. But the issue with the Line6 PODxt Live remains. Both devices can't be turned on together without trouble. This is a major issue because of the Line6 plug-ins I use in my recordings. They don't work if the POD is not plugged and recognized.
Line6 already provides Windows 7 Beta drivers, and it works!... provided the i|o2 is desactivated. But how do I get and record sound if my main sound device is off ?
If Alesis Windows 7 support is not expected reasonably soon, I'm really thinking about moving to another brand (M-Audio ?)
How far/close are we from/to Alesis Win7_64bits drivers ?

Best Regards,

Le support technique ne sait pas où en est le développement, mais au moins il répondent vite...

Citation de Alesis :

Le 02/02/2010 19:12, support_alesis a écrit :
>
> Hello,
>

>
> As far as new OS updates, we do not hear of this in advance since all development is done in seclusion. We just hear of new developments once they are posted to www.alesis.com. 
>
> Your request is important to us, and I have logged your comments as an official request. These requests are delivered weekly to our development team.

Citation de zetrex :
Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind answer.
Maybe you could suggest Alesis to release some development news on the website, as many companies do nowadays. It helps a lot to grin and bear it.

Regards,

Aucun driver n'est nécessaire pour win 7 la version du cd 1.1 est tout à fait opérationnelle
La version de asio4all est un peu superieure au niveau latence 3ms avec un reglage à 512 alors que les pilotes 1.1 de l'io2 font 3,85...avec un reglage de 146 et 8 buffers .
Ma machine portable sony vaio intel 2,24 ghz duo quad ram 4giga
logiciels test audio: amplitube 2 ,test midi: omnisphere de spectrasonics et ezdrummer de toontrack
les tests ont été fait avec version standalone et avec cubase 4 essential