Forums Metasonix D-2000
Boîte à rythmes Metasonix D-2000
- Fabricant : Metasonix
- Modèle : D-2000
- Catégorie : Boîtes à rythmes
- Fiche créée le : 13/05/2015
An evolution of the D-1000 vacuum tube drum machine based on Metasonix' drum-sound simulation circuits
- three tunable/pitched drums made from a vacuum tube ringing bandpass filter, and can be tuned to sound from below 20 Hz to over 2 kHz using a "vactrol" photoresistor or external control voltages (varying 0-5v), allowing complex patterns to be built up with external CV or pulse sources ; Resonance and drive controls
- two "cymbal" sound channels ("GATED NOISE") with white noise gated by a pentode tube ; attack and decay are knob-variable and the decay time is also CV variable, controlled by a slow-response "vactrol" photoresistor ; Each GATED NOISE channel also has a treble rolloff tone control
- "Link" switch connects the trigger inputs of the second GATED NOISE and first PITCHED DRUM channels, so they sound together. This allows simulation of a "snare" drum
- All five channel outputs mix to a single tube preamp that allows for severe overdriving via the mix-level controls. The preamp has an optional CV input that can be used to mute the output if desired
- 8HP space for a Eurorack sequencer or trigger generator
- inputs and outputs: mix output (with overdriveable tube preamp), separate outputs for each drum sound channel, external trigger inputs for each drum sound channel, and CV inputs for each drum sound channel. Use any pulse generator to drive the trigger inputs. Very short pulses are recommended for the pitched-drum triggers, and longer pulses for the cymbal triggers. trigger inputs will accept any pulse source: 0 to +5v, 0 to +10v, 0 to +15v
- Inputs and outputs 1/8" jacks, except main mix output on 1/4" jack. 3U high rackmount enclosure, protrudes behind panel less than 1.5" (not including Euro sequencer if one is installed) and tubes protrude above panel less than 1.75", weight (minus AC adapter) approx 5 lbs (3.7 kg). Power: 12 volts DC only, 2 amps. Power inlet: 2.1mm or 2.5mm coaxial jack.
- The D-2000 includes a "universal" AC-DC switching power supply accepting 100v to 240v mains, that may be used anywhere on earth, provided the correct AC power plug is attached (we can only supply North American power cords, adapters are available anyplace where travel supplies are sold).
- Tubes used: 2 x 6CB6/6CF6, 3 x 5U8 or 5GH8, 1 x 3AU6.
Distribué par mesi
Autres catégories dans Instruments électroniques
Autres dénominations : d2000, d 20 00, d20 00