1/776
Akai Professional S950

Sujet Gotek Floppy Emulator S950 Format Error

• 6 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 3 923 vues
  • 3 followers
1 Gotek Floppy Emulator S950 Format Error
Hi all. I do not speak french, but will try my best to make it easily translatable.

So I bought a S950 not too long ago, with the GOTEK floppy emulator drive installed. Whenever I boot up the S950 and try to load samples, or anything really for that matter, it gives me the message "OOPS! Disk is unprepapred. you must format it.."

I've checked around the net, and also contacted the seller, but the closest resolution I could find was that maybe the ribbon cable may be loose. I'm going to open it up soon and see if that's the case, but if not, has this happened to anybody else?

This is really a bugger especially because it's a rare machine that I don't know too many people who have it, or have a floppy emulator.

If anyone can help me out at all I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,

Download the 2 files you'll find here :
https://www.synthforum.nl/forums/showpost.php?p=1882762&postcount=1
Unzip the files in a folder, and copy the file called DSKA000 a few times (let's say 99), then rename the files DSKA000, DSKA001, DSKA002, etc. Then put all those files on a usb stick fat32 formated, and plug the stick in the akai. Power on the akai. With the gotek buttons you should navigate all those floppy clones and use them at your ease to load/save sounds.
@raclette yes, I did this whole process over again on a completley different new usb, and i still get the same error.
Unfortunately i do not have a s950 for further investigations. Are you sure the s950 supports the gotek usb drive ? Is your gotek flashed with hxc ? Jumpers on the right position ? (http://www.everythingamiga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/gotek-s0-jumper.jpg)
Seems like I will have to do some research into the gotek and troubleshoot it some more myself. @raclette yes it's flashed with hxc. I unfortunately bought it already flashed so anything that is wrong with it happened prior to me receiving it. as mentioned before, i will have to take apart my 950 to see if the ribbons are loose or jumpers are in place.
Citation de GHoolee :
Seems like I will have to do some research into the gotek and troubleshoot it some more myself. @raclette yes it's flashed with hxc. I unfortunately bought it already flashed so anything that is wrong with it happened prior to me receiving it. as mentioned before, i will have to take apart my 950 to see if the ribbons are loose or jumpers are in place.

For a proper user support with HxC Devices : https://torlus.com/floppy/forum/
Are you sure that you have an HxC Firmware ? Do you see "HxC" on the drive display when you remove the usb stick ?
Do you see "000" when you insert it ?
Yes, but I only see HxC, it doesn't show the disk number. Also my drive is formatted Fat32 and I tried reloading the files. Thank you for the link to that forum