Se connecter
Se connecter

ou
Créer un compte

ou
Sujet de la discussion Commentaires sur la news : Avid prépare un nouveau produit qu’il dévoilera le 12 novembre
avid-2750.jpg
Le fabricant organisera pour cela un évènement à suivre en vidéo sur sa chaîne YouTube.

Lire la news

Ce thread a été créé automatiquement suite à la publication d'une news pour ce produit. N'hésitez pas à poster vos commentaires ici !
Afficher le sujet de la discussion
Dis-donc moi qui bosse sur Protools et Studio One, je vais pas être dépaysé avec le nouveau design :clin: Perso, je pensais aussi à un nouveau Eleven rack pour la première vidéo.
Il me semble que tout ou partie du staff qui a bossé sur le Eleven Rack à l'époque est partie monter Headrush, si mes souvenirs sont justes... Auquel cas un successeur au Eleven est peu probable dans un avenir proche car ça obligerait probablement Avid à repartir de zéro sur cette conception

après tout ça reste spéculatif, attendons demain :mrg:

Avocat du diable et de sa musique et expert en vacuité dispendieuse.

Voila!!!
A: Carbon comes with a 1-year subscription to Pro Tools software, which includes access to the Avid Complete Plugin Bundle, HEAT, UVI Falcon 2, a 5.4 GB sound library, and Standard support, renewable annually. If you choose not to renew your subscription, your Pro Tools license includes a “perpetual parachute” that allows you to continue using Pro Tools at the last version you downloaded (it won’t ever expire). Please note that you will need to renew your subscription if you’d like to continue receiving access to the latest Pro Tools updates and all bundled items noted above.

Q: What happens to my active Pro Tools subscription (or perpetual license) when I activate the Pro Tools license that comes with Carbon?

A: Whether you own Pro Tools or Pro Tools | Ultimate, if you are on an active subscription or Updates and Support Plan for perpetual licenses, you have two options when you register Carbon. One, you can choose to receive a new 1-year subscription to Pro Tools with a ‘perpetual parachute.’ In this case, you will have two licenses in your Avid Master Account—your existing license and the new Pro Tools license. Or two, you can choose to extend your existing license by 1 year. In this case, you will not receive the 1-year subscription to Pro Tools with a ‘perpetual parachute.’ This is how it works:

Q: What other products and add-ons are included with Pro Tools | Carbon?

A: In addition to the 115 plugins and 5.4 GB of sounds that come with Pro Tools, Carbon also comes with gifted premium plugins from our partners. These include:

McDSP 6050 Ultimate Channel Strip HD (DSP & Native)
Brainworx bx_console N (DSP & Native)
Brainworx bx_rockrack (DSP & Native)
Brainworx bx_masterdesk (DSP & Native)
Brainworx bx_Purple Audio MC77 (DSP & Native)
Arturia Rev PLATE-140
Embody Immerse Virtual Studio
Native Instruments Vintage Organs
UVI Model D

Q: Do the premium plugins that come exclusively with Pro Tool | Carbon still work if I don’t renew my subscription after the first year?

A: Yes. The premium plugins and sounds that come with Carbon are perpetual licenses.

Q: What is the standard warranty that comes with Pro Tools | Carbon and how is it different from the Pro Tools | Carbon Extended Hardware Support option?

A: Carbon includes a 1-year hardware warranty. During the warranty term if your interface needs service you can ship it to Avid for repair with an estimated 4-6 week turnaround. Consider purchasing a Pro Tools | Carbon 3-Year Extended Hardware Support contract ($399) which includes zero-downtime advance replacement of your Carbon unit. It is available to all Carbon users within 90 days of activation so that you won’t miss a beat. Purchase directly from your MyAvid account or from your preferred reseller.

Q: Do I need to connect Carbon to an Ethernet port—what if I don’t have one?

A: If you do not have an Ethernet port, or if you would prefer to use a different connection, you can connect Carbon to a Thunderbolt 3 port on computer using adapters. For example, daisy chain Apple Thunderbolt 2-to-Thunderbolt 3 and Thunderbolt 2-to-Ethernet adapters. To learn more about supported adapters please visit avid.com/carbon-requirements.

Q: Do I need to connect Pro Tools | Carbon to an Ethernet router or switch?

A: No. While Carbon uses a proprietary implementation of AVB to achieve a high-quality connection into Pro Tools, it requires a direct connection to your computer. It does not currently work with other AVB devices and routers and switches are not necessary.

Q: Can I connect multiple Pro Tools | Carbons together using the second Ethernet port?

A: No. Currently, Carbon does not daisy chain with other devices (including other Carbon units) over Ethernet. The Ethernet connection directly connects Carbon to your computer.

Q: Will Pro Tools | Carbon run on my Windows system?

A: Because AVB is not natively compatible with Windows, Carbon currently is Mac-only. We are working on Windows compatibility, which will be available in the future.

Q: What version of Pro Tools do I need to use with Carbon?

A: Carbon requires Pro Tools 2020.11 or later.

Q: What version of macOS is required for Carbon?

A: Carbon requires macOS Catalina 10.15.6 or later. Pro Tools and Carbon are not yet qualified to run on macOS Big Sur.

Q: Can I use other core audio apps at the same time as using Pro Tools with Carbon?

A: Yes, because Pro Tools | Carbon utilizes the core audio driver for connecting into Pro Tools, other applications can simultaneously use Carbon as an interface.

Q: Can Pro Tools | Carbon be used in Audio Post Production workflows?

A: While Pro Tools | Carbon has enough I/O to support surround monitoring, it does not yet support it with monitor control. And while it can technically be used in a Post Production environment, Carbon does not support frame edge syncing, which is often required.

Q: Is the Hybrid Engine available to HDX Systems customers?

A: The Hybrid Engine is coming soon to HDX Systems as part of a paid option.
Citation de romtomcat :
Q: Will Pro Tools | Carbon run on my Windows system?

A: Because AVB is not natively compatible with Windows, Carbon currently is Mac-only.

OK, bye.
:oops2::oops2::oops2::oops2::facepalm:

Avocat du diable et de sa musique et expert en vacuité dispendieuse.