Ajouter ce produit à
  • Mon ancien matos
  • Mon matos actuel
  • Mon futur matos
Behringer B-Control Fader BCF2000
Photos
1/914
Behringer B-Control Fader BCF2000

Sujet BCF2000 unusable with double precision (14bit) Control Changes?

• 5 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 2 392 vues
  • 3 followers
Sujet de la discussion BCF2000 unusable with double precision (14bit) Control Changes?
Hi,
please excuse me if I write to this forum in english, but I speak a really poor french and I desperately need to ask some questions about a problem I have with my BCF2000.
When I use the BCF in double resolution (14 bit = 16384 values), which is possible setting in edit mode any slider in Absolute 14 (A 14) mode, by mean of the rotary control n.6, I don't see continuous values coming out of the BCF, but I see quasi-random jumps between a value and the successive one. If one increases the speed when moving up a slider, the range of the jumps between two successive values becomes wider.
Is this a problem of my Bcf or it is a common problem of all Bcf units?
Does someone in this forum knows something about this problem?
I hope someone here can help me find out if I have a defective unit or if this behaviour is normal, which means that the Bcf2000 is a crappy midi mixer?
Thank you very much.

Carlo Laurenzi, Italy
Hi Carlo,

Indeed, it is not possible to obtain a so accurate result with faders of the BCF because the resolution seems to be limited to one hundred levels (I guess 1024 ?).
What happens when you use the A14 mode is just a multiplication of these values to fill the range of your VAL1 and VAL2 sets.
So, you can try to set your VAL2 to 1023 in A14 mode to use the maximum usefull resolution of your faders, but let me tell you that you have to work your fingers dexterity to increase the level to +1 !!!

Good luck !
Hi !

In A 14 mode, there are indeed 16384 values possible. But, you have to send NRPN values, which will allow you to send as many values as you mayneed. If you send CCs only, you only have 127 possible values. As far as I remember, encoder 2 selects the type of message that is sent out. Also, you will have to set the acceleration parameter, but this is only possible with an hex editor, or using Royce's editor.

If you cannot speak French, you should register at the NCx2000 usergroup on Yahoo (just connect to Yahoogroup and type BCF 2000, can't remember the address). There, you will find Royce's editor and get more information. There is also a reverse-engineering process in the go to try and modify the firmware.

Cheers.
Jérôme.
Thank you Shamanic e Romjé for your quick answer!
I will find out what's the maximum VAL2 I can set to have a sure single +1 increments, or -1 decrements.
I'll try out Royce's BCF editor on yahoo group, also. Being able to modify acceleration parameter sounds a really interesting thing to try..
However it's a pity that the BCF isn't capable of handling consecutive 16384 values when in double precision mode (A 14), since this feature is sponsored on its web page at behringer website..
I would like to have known that before buying it.
----
Do you know of any other Midi Mixers which can handle perfectly consecutive 16384 double precision values, other than Behringers?
I'd like very much to find out if there is on the market a really good midi mixer made by a reliable company.
Do you have any information about that?
Best,

Carlo
Hi !

Obviously, you have not understood my message. The BCF 2000 CAN send 16382 values through encoders or faders. But you have to set the acceleration parameter and send NRPN.

Or.....it is possible that I did not understand what your problem is.

Cheers.
Jay.
"....The BCF 2000 CAN send 16382 values through encoders or faders. But you have to set the acceleration parameter and send NRPN..."

Hi Jay,
I have downloaded all files from the yahoo-groups Behringer BCF2000 webforum.
Since I was out for a week, I still have to dig into the editor I found there and see if I am able to change the acceleration parameter.
Could you tell me what is the best value to set for this parameter? Or what is your advice about setting this parameter?
Thank you.

Best,

Carlo