Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Le son de system of a down premier album

• 8 réponses
  • 6 participants
  • 1 265 vues
  • 6 followers
Sujet de la discussion Le son de system of a down premier album
Voilà, j'aimerai avoir le son de soad de leur premier album, un son mesa quoi, mais avec un grain moins grotesque que les autres groupes utilisant le rectifier (apparement lui c'était pas mal de mediums dans le son, j'aime!)
Alors mis à part Amt R1 et mojo mister black, qu'existe-t-il pour avoir ce son?
Un ingé-son

Mon groupe, trio rock'n roll : The Rooms

Mon projet solo : Teal Chill Pills

Hey mais géniale ton idée, merci beaucoup de ton intrvention, je pense que grace à toi je vais vraiment avancer.
Sur certains live on voit un Carvin derrière Malakian, mais peut être a t il enregistré avec un recto.... çà ne te fait pas non plus avancer tout çà... alors au hasard sans connaitre : Metal Muff ? V Twin ?

Le metal muff j'ai eu, et franchement super déçu! Je comprends pas le tapage qu'on fait pour cette pédale, elle sonne banal, pas super bien.
Le v twin jamais testé mais parait que ca va pas très loin en terme de gain.

Pour le carvin je crois que c'est surtout un ampli sur lequel il bosse chez lui, pas un ampli sur lequel il joue vraiment, après peut etre qu'il lui sert de dépannage sur scène je sais pas. Après le son live je ne l'ai ai vu qu'une seule fois y a près de 10 ans quand ils ont fait la tournée avec slayer et sepultura, je ne me rappelle plus trop leur son. Ce qui m'intéresse c'est leur premier album. D'aillerus c'est un son assez proche (normal même ampli apparemment)mais avec plus de gain que les derniers soundgarden, ca m'intéresse aussi
DAron malakian C du JCm 800 les gars.... :8)

Citation : Recording Malakian's guitar tracks was relatively straight-ahead, because he doesn't like to play through effects pedals. His signal went through a combination of Marshall and Mesa Boogie cabinets and heads. “The Mesa gave us the teeth, and the Marshall gave us the body,” Schiffman explains. “The two together made a big, full, nice sound.” He put a 57 and an 87 on each cabinet, taking care that they were phased correctly, and then ran them through a pair of black-faced 1176s. Though the actual signal path was simple, some of the parts were not: Malakian layered them extensively. “I would layer a muddy guitar over a rock guitar over a real heavy metal guitar,” he explains. “I would play the song about 50 times until we got each layer right. Then there are soft parts of the songs where I put a lot of different acoustics over each other. Every time you hear the album, you'll hear something a little different hidden in there with the guitars. Even I hear stuff that I don't remember doing.”

http://mixonline.com/mag/audio_system_down/
Sources = g.com

Au début: Fender Strat dans une tête Carvin

2000: tête et cab Mesa

2005:

Citation : "He uses a shure wireless system through a switcher, so that he can switch guitars, then it goes into a MIDI system that switches the heads from the divided by 13 cleanamp to the dirty Marshall Plexihead. Then theres a pedalboard that goes through the loop with a delay (Line 6), a flanger modulation, and a wah pedal (Fulltone)." Kevin Zazzara, Daron's guitar tech.

Après:

Citation : "Daron is well-known for playing his Ibanez Iceman IC400, with custom graphics done by his father, Vartan Malakian. His father also did custom graphics on the 1978 Iceman, as well as making the horned bridge replacing the stopbar. The guitar was popular in the 1970s and 1980s, and he is fronting its comeback. All of the Icemans that he plays on stage have a one-of-a-kind finish and can not be found in retail, although there was a limited edition Iceman with graphics by 'Vartan Malakian' sold on eBay. He plays through 2 Marshall Bluesbreaker amps linked together to a Marshall double stack, uses Jim Dunlop Custom-made .88mm Triangle plectrums and Ernie Ball "Skinny Top Heavy Bottom" guitar strings. Daron now uses a Gibson SG onstage in most of System of a Down's recent live shows. He can be seen with his Gibson SGLes Paul 61' Reissue in the music videos for System of a Down's "B.Y.O.B," with tailpiece in Question!, and he is seen playing his cream-colored SG in the video for "Hypnotize." When they started out, he played a black hardtail Stratocaster which can be seen in the video War?. From System of a Down's formation, up until their third album, Steal This Album!, Daron used Drop C (from sixth string to first, C, G, C, F, A, D) tuning on his guitars. On the band's double album "Mezmerize/Hypnotize", Daron changed to Drop Db (from sixth string to first, Db, Ab, Db, Gb, Bb, Eb) tuning. (except for the tracks "Dreaming", a half step down, and "Question!", a half step up) He gave the reason for the change in tuning as to give the new songs "more kick". While in the studio Daron relies on a baritone guitar, A Les Paul Standard, a Jackson Randy Rhoads flying V, and a slew of other guitars. His amps have mostly been a Marshall super lead but has been seen with Mesa/Boogie's before.He also owns a Fulltone CLYDE Wah pedal(Seen in various live videos) and a Planet Waves pedal tuner (seen in a behind the scenes video...)"

Avertissement: ce message peut contenir des arachides.

Ouai, euh j'ai vu une video en studio du premier album : tête marshall genre 1987x et mesa boogie, et sur plusieurs interviews et docs il dit (je le répette premier album, pas le reste!) que le carvin c'est surtout pour bosser, très peu pour le studio, que mesa c'est son son live et studio, qu'il switch entre les canaux.

Après je me fiche un peu de son matos, c'est son son qui m'intéresse, une pédale qui me permettrait de m'en rapprocher.