Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Interessant: Pourquoi Satriani a laisse tomber Marsall

• 33 réponses
  • 12 participants
  • 2 458 vues
  • 1 follower
Sujet de la discussion Interessant: Pourquoi Satriani a laisse tomber Marsall
J'ai trouve cette interview sur le site musician's friends en me documentant sur le marshall 6100 que je cherchais d'occasion.

Si on en crois l'interesse, Marshall est tres loin d'avoir fait des efforts pour le garder comme client. Curieux non?

Guitar.com: Have you retired your Marshall amps?

Satriani: Yeah, they were very problematic. Through the last two or three tours, they'd make weird noises all of a sudden and they wouldn't work, and we couldn't get anyone to really understand the amp problem fully, especially Marshall. Every time we were in England, they would service the amps for us, but it would never quite be the same. It started to really bother me and so did the fact that they routinely said they were not interested in making a modified version of that amp for me. I finally said this is ridiculous. I've only got two of them and they're almost impossible to find. The 6100 model wasn't a very popular Marshall amplifier, and they weren't anywhere near interested in trying to revive it. So I finally said, do I really want to play through amplifiers that have a dwindling supply? There were some problems about it and I thought I could get a better version of it somehow. Once I started talking to Peavey, I realized that I had the ability to do it through James Brown. The largest problem I'd had was that I always record with tube amplifiers in the studio, but when I went out on tour, I was using the smallest tube section of a Marshall head. I was using an orange Boss distortion box to get my gain, and it helped on a number of levels, but there was always this sort of negative that I always tried to circumvent. Then James Brown and the guys at Peavey had a way of giving me the things I was looking for with an all-tube head. So it was like, wow, if you could do that, I'd gladly retire the Marshall stuff.

For a while, I was wondering if maybe I should become a collector of the 6100s, if that's what it's come down to. So James really saved me from that fate because I never really wanted to be a collector. I don't like that whole idea of playing things that are old and antique, and there are only two of them. It gets to me after a while and I thought all these things that I grew up listening to that were great, and you think about Hendrix. The guy would play a Fender guitar and when a new pedal would come out, he'd plug into it. And so I kept thinking that if Jimi were today, he'd be playing some new stuff. He'd be taking advantage of this. So I thought it was better to try and change the world than to try to hold it in some old space and try to cling. It's sort of an egotistical thing to say I'm going to make an amplifier with my name on it, and it's going to be great. It makes you kind of laugh at yourself. But practically speaking, if there's an amp that I know does exactly what I want, and I can get as many of them as I need wherever I am in the world, that's practical.

Citation : Si on en crois l'interesse, Marshall est tres loin d'avoir fait des efforts pour le garder comme client. Curieux non?

Et alors, monsieur veut son modéle perso chez Marshall, non mais pour qui il se prend ?
Sans doute pour le mec qui a influencé une vague de gratteux ...

en fait qu'il soit chez marshall peavey ou jim harley franchement vu que c'est qu'une histoire de nombre de 0 dans le contrat...

Citation : Sans doute pour le mec qui a influencé une vague de gratteux ...

Et il aurait sûrement raison... :)
... mais bon, c'est pas Zakk Wylde ou Slash non plus :oops2:
C'est clair, il les enterre comme un chien enterre deux vieilles merdes :mrg:
T'enterres tes merdes toi ????
t'as un serieux problème

VIVE KIRK HAMMETT
VIVE SON PROF DE GRATTE
VIVE SATRIANI
VIVE LE G3

c'est pas ce qui m empechera de m acheter un bôôôôôôôô stack marshall
Je pense pas être un chien en fait... :?!:
Je pense que le debat derive un peu :lol:

Ce qui m'a interesse c'est que meme les techniciens de Marshall avaient l'air de ramer pour la maintenance sur ce modele, et que si meme pour un pro mondialement reconnu, ils ne sont pas motives pour le depanner, ca donne pas envie au gratteux de bas etages comme nous de faire confiance a la marque.

D'autant que quand on consulte le site de Marshall et qu'on tape satriani dans le moteur de recherche, on trouve une citation de l'interesse qui dit:

"Marshall amps make the sound of an electric guitar go around the world and back! They're the most beautiful sounding and 'nastiest' sounding amps I've ever used."
- Joe Satriani

Comme quoi ils sont aussi peu motives pour mettre a jour leur site que leurs amplis. :lol:
Mais y a pas de débat...y a juste un gratteux (don la derniere galette est une perle d'ailleurs) qui a bougé son cul de marque en se faisant endorser pour gagner des sous sous sur les ventes de tetes signatures, parce que les guitar hero c'est passé de mode et puis voila tout..

si tu rajoutes à ca que sur le marché grand public/Débutannt les gars qui se mettent à la gratte sont généralement poussés par l'envie irreprecible de jouer du neo machin et que peavey et h nd k sont des pointures du gros son, donc font beaucoup de vente t'as le cocktail "signature model"

tu sais le concept qui susurre à l'oreille des gosses qui y connaissent que dalle

"vas y achete c'est du bon"

en gros l'application éhontée de la politique des godasses de sport dans les années 80/90