Annonces PreenFM3Alerte nouvelle annonce
Forums Ixox PreenFM3
- Fabricant : Ixox
- Modèle : PreenFM3
- Catégorie : Synthétiseurs numériques en rack
- Fiche créée le : 11/12/2020
- Several independent instruments (4 for preenfm2 and 6 for preenfm3).
- Powerful arpeggiator (Mutable-Instruments opensource algorithm) per instrument.
- 1 gate effect
- 4 rapid access performance parameters
- The 4 instruments can be saved all at the same time in combo presets.
- Each instrument has its own modifiable midi channel. They can share the same for FAT multiple timbres notes.
- 28 FM algorithms from 3 to 6 operators
- preenfm2 : 1 effect Slot per instrument (chose among 32 filters such as LP, HP, formant, crusher…)
- pfm3 has 16 voices what ever the number of operators is (pfm2 has 8 voices with 6 operators / 14 voices with 3 operators FM algorithm.). Each voices has:
- 7 low frequency modulators (3 LFOs, 2 enveloppes, 2 step sequencers).
- 12 matrix rows : 16 sources, 32 destination (LP, HP, gate, stereo, MI, attack…)
- Arpeggiator, LFOs and step sequencers synchronizable on external midi clock or internal clock.
- preenfm3 : Effect is per voice
- Operator features:
- 7 builtin waveforms + 6 user waveforms read from the usb drive.
- Stereo panning (at the carrier operator level)
- 8 envelope parameters per operator. Time and level for 4 envelope points.
- Direct Scala scale file loading for microtonality. Up to 128 Scala scales selectable. pfm3 allows a different scala scale per instrument.
- Modular Randomizer
- Midi over USB
- Custom bootloader to make firmware upgrade easy
- USB powered
- Comprehensive user interface. pfm2 has a 4×20 characters display, pfm3 has a 240×320 color TFT display.
- Small, portable and easy to build
- PreenFM3 only : A built-in 6 voices sequencer (step mode and real time).
- PreenFM3 only : A mixer part.
- The 6 instruments can use any of the 6 independant audio output (mono or stereo)
- Microtonal scale per instrument.
- Midi split and filter per instrument
I'm looking for a DX7 emulation, should i build a preenfm3 ?
Short answer : No.
The preenfm can read DX7 file but the emulation is not great. The internal engine is very different.
Don't buy it if you're after a DX7 sound.
But if you're after a powerfull polyphonic FM synth with a flexible 12 rows modulation matrix and lots of LFO, a graphical display and a clear animated user interface : Go :)
Is the preenfm3 firmware open source ?
Is the preenfm3 open hardware ?
The main PCB is not. I need to sell PCBs to cover the expenses of all the prototypes i ordered for the preenfm3.
The control board is open hardware. So you can customize it adding new buttons, leds, encoders, pot etc...
I’ll also provide a version of the enclosure for 3D printing.
What are the differences with the preenfm2 ?
More powerful MCU with more memory which allowed me to :
- increase the number of voices to 16 with 6 operators FM
- sample frequency is 48Khz vs 42Khz for the preenfm2.
- The selected effect is now applied per voice and not for the full instrument
- 6 independent instruments
Unison mode (will be ported to the preenfm2 when i have free time).
240×320 pixels color TFT display for better UI and an oscilloscope.
Midi filter and note shift per instrument.
Scala scale per instrument.
3 dual channel 24 bits DAC to offer 6 independent audio outputs.
Mixer section (Volume, pan, compressor per instrument)
Sequencer section : real-time and step sequencer
Autres catégories dans Synthétiseurs
Autres dénominations : preen fm3, preenfm 3