ou
Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Tom Anderson: la fin?

• 25 réponses
  • 10 participants
  • 3 264 vues
  • 10 followers
Sujet de la discussion Tom Anderson: la fin?
Je suppose que vous avez tous plus ou moins entendu parler des guitares Tom Anderson, à la qualité - et au prix - hors du commun.

Sur leur site, une news pas hyper fraîche (Mars 2006) mais qui m'a surpris:

Citation : Here’s the scoop from the horse's mouth about what’s happening around here.

I have a great staff here, probably the best I’ve had in the last 20 years. We have consistently delivered what Roy would say are “the best guitars on the planet”. We have also delivered a level of customer service that I believe is second to none.

After 22 years of being at the helm of Tom Anderson Guitarworks, I have come to realize that being the boss is not what I’m good at. What I do best and love doing is designing and building guitars. While I have consistently been involved in the building of our instruments, over 12,000 to date(!), it’s the being the boss part that is wearing me out. Contrary to rumors you may have heard, I do not have cancer, have not run off with my secretary (I don’t even have one), and the company is not upside down financially. We have always been fortunate enough to have more orders than we could produce and have been able to deliver the orders we do take in a timely manor. We have also been able to get paid for doing it. That’s not something everyone can say.

As of the end of March the company will shrink down to just me. I will continue to build guitars by myself--after all these years, guitar making is still my passion. Our goal is to deliver any guitars you have on order through March 31st. If the shop dissolves before that time, I will personally fulfill any orders that currently have customer’s names on them. I will also be here to continue to service all those guitars you own.

It is not clear at this point in time what I will be doing after these commitments are met in regards to sales. Being alone I will obviously be making a much smaller number of guitars so I do not yet know what the dealer network will look like.

There has also been concern about everyone else here at the shop. We are all doing our best to find a positive future for all. As far as I am concerned, everyone here is as good at what they do as anyone in the world, and should be an asset wherever they go. My hope is that they can further the craft of quality guitar making wherever they land.

I do want to thank all you Anderson owners for all you have done to promote our guitars and for the friendship we have shared. If you have emailed me about this please accept this as an answer, as my inbox is quite overloaded right now and I have much to do to take care of the business at hand.

Tom

Bref, de la demi-douzaine de luthiers qui fabriquaient ces petits bijoux, seul reste Tom lui-même.

Autant dire que le rythme de production a copieusement baissé... que les prix en neuf et les délais vont,à l'inverse, augmenter.
Itou pour la cote d'occase.

Et je sais pas, ça m'a fait un petit choc: toutes les boîtes ont tendance à grossir dramatiquement (parfois au point de proposer un peu n'imp', non, j'ai pas dit Lag :diable: ), là, c'est retour à la case départ. Courageux tout de même, mais ça fait bien espèce en voie de disparition.

Bref, si vous êtes un heureux coquin de possesseur de Tom anderson, gardez-là!
C'est encore moins demain la veille que j'en aurai une en tout cas! :mdr:
Et à quoi est due cette régression ? :???: J'en ai jamais vu une de près. Seulement en photos...

Moi j'ai joué une Hollow T Classic, et franchement aprés ça tu regardes plus les Télé de chez Fender avec le même oeuil

Better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you are not

Hors sujet : 'tain, j'me suis égaré sur un topic de modos :lol:

Il a du courage, au moins il a pas tourné "PDG d'entreprise" comme d'autres. Vu que de toutes façons une Anderson je suis pas près de m'en payer une, je trouve ça plutôt positif :noidea:
Et ben ça c'est une bonne nouvelle....pour John Suhr ! :mdr:

www.audiotubetech.com , que du matos de ouf...!

Des loopers ? Des switchers ? Des marques de pédales confidentielles ? www.loopersparadise.fr

Na.

Alors la... dommage. Pour moi Tom Anderson c'est LA référence... pour les guitares de type Fender. Mais c'est pas clair, la marque s'arrête ou pas ?
Encore une guitare que je n'aurais jamais...

.::. maladiction ! .::. Nouvelle chanson : "Est-ce?". Prise 'live' avec un harmo rajouté. Bibi à la guitare/chant, avis bienvenus!

Tom, c'est pas LA référence, c'est l'UNE des références en matière de Super Strat. Il ne faut pas oublier John Suhr, James Tyler, Schecter (les Custom Shop), Bill Nash, et même Haar qui fait des Relics saisissantes... :8)

www.audiotubetech.com , que du matos de ouf...!

Des loopers ? Des switchers ? Des marques de pédales confidentielles ? www.loopersparadise.fr

Na.