ou

Sujet Commentaires sur la news : L’OB-X8 est mis à jour

• 12 réponses
  • 11 participants
  • 909 vues
  • 16 followers
Sujet de la discussion Commentaires sur la news : L’OB-X8 est mis à jour
324015.png
Vous pouvez désormais mettre à jour votre synthé, afin de profiter du nouveau mode binaural, du nouveau filtre, du support MPE et plus encore.

Lire la news

Ce thread a été créé automatiquement suite à la publication d'une news pour ce produit. N'hésitez pas à poster vos commentaires ici !
Afficher le sujet de la discussion
Il me semble que c'est mentionné dans les news, toutes marques confondues, même quand les dites marques ne font pas payer les MAJ.
Citation de Gam :
Je ne comprends pas trop l’histoire du nouveau filtre.
Comment peuvent ils ajouter un nouveau filtre sur un synthé analogique par mise a jour?

J'avais posé une question dans ce sens à leur vidéo officielle YouTube et Oberheim m'avait répondu ça :
Citation de Oberheim :
Amazingly, the new filter type is still analog. In fact, the entire OB-X8 signal path is always completely analog. The engineers worked some magic to make this filter happen. :)

Et, grande classe, Marcus Ryle avait carrément complété en écrivant ceci :
Citation de Marcus Ryle :
To add some more detail regarding the new filter type: The entire audio signal path in the OB-X8 continues to always stay 100% analog. What has changed is the way that the analog circuitry is configured and controlled under the control of the firmware. The new filter mode doesn't replace any of the existing six filter modes, it is a new seventh mode. Of the six existing modes, only one is a 4-pole, and it is exactly the same configuration as in the OB-Xa and OB-8 (utilizing the same authentic Curtis CEM3320 filter chip that was in the originals). It was very important to us to replicate exactly the analog circuitry and performance from the originals, so the OB-X8's existing 4-pole mode works exactly as it does in the originals, which means that the resonance amount is limited, and the amplitude of the output decreases as resonance increases. Although I do love the sound of the original 4-pole filter, especially at lower resonance levels, I honestly have long lamented (since the '80s!) that it loses "girth" as you increase the resonance. While we were brainstorming new features that we could add to the OB-X8 firmware it occurred to us that we could utilize the programmable circuitry around the filter, namely the input, output, and resonance VCAs, to provide gain and feedback compensation dynamically depending on resonance level. And while we were at it, we let the resonance VCA increase further than before, so that more extreme 4-pole resonance sounds can be achieved. The result, IMO, sounds really great, and brings to the OB-X8 a new filter mode that never existed in any of the classic Oberheim's (and without having to give up any of the old ones). Hope you all enjoy it as much as I do!

:aime:

Je n'attends plus que la synchro du LFO sur l'horloge MIDI.
Yep, ça fait envie.
(Et merci pour les précisions)

[ Dernière édition du message le 17/07/2024 à 00:16:31 ]