Ajouter ce produit à
  • Mon ancien matos
  • Mon matos actuel
  • Mon futur matos
PreSonus FireBox
Photos
1/285
PreSonus FireBox

Sujet Presonus Firebox It's a good Sound Card ?

• 24 réponses
  • 5 participants
  • 1 396 vues
  • 4 followers
Sujet de la discussion Presonus Firebox It's a good Sound Card ?
Hi, Friends...

I need a SoundCard even 300/400 Euros.

The Presonus Firebox It's a good Sound Card ?

I wait for your answers,

Thanks
Afficher le sujet de la discussion
Jbjovi

Made in China, but with quality! :bravo:

I am think to buy the Presonus Comp 16, you find a good purchase ?

My Material of Sound:

Mixer -> Yamaha MG12/4Fx
SoundCard's -> Presonus Firebox & SoundBlaster Audigy 4 Pro
Monitors -> Roland & Bose
Headphones -> Roland RH-50
Micro -> AKG C1000 S
Keyboards -> Roland E86 & Yamanha CS1x
CPU - > Pentium4 2.8Mhz with 320GB Sata Raid
Programs -> Cubase, Nuendo, plugins & others
I have just read a review of the presonus comp 16 and it seems to be a good product, espacially with instruments and if you want to record voices, it's better to have a good static microphone (non dynamic as i'm not sure for the translation...). And it seems better having a really good accoustic in the room you record.
Jbjovi, all well friend?

The main problems that I see in the Presonus Firebox are:

1 - The volume of sound of phones is very strong (the volume of phones has to be almost at least)
2- Interface DSP Mixer, would have to be improved, it has some imperfections in the change in volume fader Mixer OUTPUP (Main, 3/4, 5/6, Spdif).

Also you agree, jbjovi ?

I sent an email for www.presonus.com!!! :clin: We go to wait for the reply!

"Techsupport Presonus
I have a Presonus Firebox, serial number: FPT??????
I like very of this SoundCard, but has some problems, that they could be improved with new software/firmware/drivers.
Main problems:
1 - The volume of sound of phones is very strong (the volume of phones has to be almost at least)
2- Interface DSP Mixer, would have to be improved, it has some imperfections in the change in volume faders Mixer OUTPUP (Main, 3/4, 5/6, Spdif).
The best compliments,
Portugal"
Yes I'm fine, thanks.

1 - Yes, the volume of the phone is really strong, but it's not really a problem, because you just have to put the volume down ! :D:
2 - I don't use it, so I don't know the problem...

If you can share the answer of presonus with us, it could be interesting.
When it will have the news of www.presonus.com I say here in the forum :clin:

When using the microphone, does not give sound microphone in Phones. It is exactly thus with you also?
I have no problem with microphone in hearphone... Perhaps a configuration problem in the firebox mixer... ? In mine, in the Playback to phone section, I have the button 1/2 selected...
Already I discovered the problem...

With me, to hear the microphone in phones, I need in the Mixer load button "Mix to Phones" :bravo:

Thanks
Reply of my email for presonus Techsupport Presonus:

"Hey Vitor,

We are constantly evaluating our hardware and software and greatly appreciate user input. I'm going to pass this on to our developers for consideration in future reviews.

Thank you for your input ..."
Jbjovi

Friend, who latency you use in the records with the Firebox ?
It brings for definition 10,0 ms...
It depends on the number of tracks I use and if I use them with or without effects, but usually I use 6 or 8 ms. My ears don't allow me to hear the difference, under 8, I don't feel any change.