Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Depeche Mode

• 1 206 réponses
  • 101 participants
  • 34 060 vues
  • 68 followers
1 Depeche Mode
Je m ecoutais du depeche mode la, ,et je me disais que sans eux ya des groupes qui seraient pas comme y sont maintenant...je pense a Paradise lost par exemple...
Vous trouvez pas que c est un groupe culte vous?
Afficher le premier post
Gam je t'ai répondu trop rapidement, je te dois des précisions sur mon propos.

Toi, tu es un musicien, auditivement, la différence entre les arrangements d’antan et de maintenant vont te sauter à la figure.
L'auditeur lambda, lui, va penser différemment.
Changer la ligne de batterie, rendre un peu plus soul un titre qui est rock (PJ par ex.), ne suffit pas à mon humble avis.

Franchement, à par le Zephyr Mix de IYR, il n'y a pas à dire, c'est du Wilder.

Après je ne connais pas les termes du contrat, mais ce serait malhonnête, et sans doute discutable en justice, de ne pas rétribuer Alan malgré ces petits changements cosmétiques.
Personne n'ayant envie d'emmerdes, tous le monde se satisfaisant de ces énormes revenus, je pense que leur deal est mutuellement profitable et qu'ils ne font pas de vague avec ça.

[ Dernière édition du message le 01/10/2023 à 12:45:06 ]

Music For The Masses

In the beginning of 1987 the band re-arranged Martin's demos for Music for the Masses in Alan's home studio

On 28 September Music for the Masses was released. The album became the band's highest-charting in the U.S. upon its release, reaching No. 35 on the Billboard 200. It also contained more hit singles than any of their previous releases.

SDE.com interview with Dave Bascombe 2019 :
When you started the album, who finished the songs? Were there demos etc.?

DB: That was an interesting process which I found was a bit strange – and I presume this is historical and they’ve probably done it when they were working with Daniel – but Martin would have demos, which were fairly basic – obviously no-one had the facilities to do much more at the time – and then Alan would take them and basically work on them at home and rearrange them, and I’d go over occasionally and chuck a few suggestions in, but I found that quite odd.
Préparation du Devotional Tour :

Alan explained. “All the live tracks were restructured by myself although the running order for the show was a collective decision. It's a lot of hard work and involves imagining the songs in a different way from the album versions. But it also was fun. The motivation was that if I was going to play those older songs for 18 months on the road, then they had to be revitalised to make it an enjoyable task.

“Unfortunately, putting the Devotional live show together proved to be more of a handful than either myself or Steve had bargained for. It isn't just about revamping the songs. There are a million other jobs to be tackled like deciding what will be on the backing tapes and what will be live, or who will play what parts and how that will effect the way I program the keyboards (which is a logistical nightmare in itself!) “There are also questions about the track running order and the different set lists themselves - this was to be a long haul and to play exactly the same songs night after night for 15 months would have been agony.

You also have to consider each different country because every audience reacts differently, preferring favourite songs that have been particular to their territory. Consequently, we had 4 setlists - red, green, yellow, blue - with a similar overall structure but some variation in terms of which ballads and encores we'd perform.

“We knew when we started that we didn't have a lot of time on our hands and it didn't help that the Roland sequencer was giving us continual problems. However, we persevered and had nearly completed the work when disaster struck. The machine couldn't handle the sheer volume of traffic we were demanding from it and one day the whole system just crashed - we lost everything. Three and a half months of work. Luckily we had had the foresight to back up all the music onto multitrack but the edits had gone.”

Le coupable :

Citation de vilak :
Le "studio intégré numérique" Roland DM-80 de 1992 .

SOS_92_07_roland_dm80__2_large.jpg

Alan Wilder et Steve Lyon ont préparé dessus toutes les backing tapes du Devotionnal tour, la tournée de Depeche Mode de 1993.
La version 8 pistes qu'ils ont utilisée coutait 63.000 francs, époque ou le SMIC brut approchait les 6.000 francs en France.
La machine a planté et tout a été perdu, le groupe a porté plainte contre Roland et a gagné.

Source : Alan Wilder

La fiche Audiofanzine :
https://fr.audiofanzine.com/studio-numerique/roland/DM-80/

Un article en anglais à la sortie du produit en 1992 :
https://www.muzines.co.uk/articles/roland-dm80/9451
Martin Gore @ SOTU recording sessions, 2008 :

5831486.jpg

Je ne l'avais jamais vu celle ci. Il y a pourtant beaucoup de photos de ces sessions, car ils avaient sortis un gros coffret avec photos et making off video.
Pff c'est le bordel, il n'est vraiment pas soigneux :oops2:

Sinon étonnant que Alan se plaigne de la mise en place des backing tapes pour la tournée Devotional. À chaque tournée c'était pareil non ? C'était loin d'être la première fois ?

Putain Walter mais qu'est-ce que le Vietnam vient foutre là-dedans ?

Oui mais là tous les "vieux titres" ont été profondément refondus et aucun n'a été repris d'une vieille backing tape.
Bref, là, au lieu de douze ou quinze titres, il lui a fallut en faire près de 25.
Et le coup du plantage du DM-80 lui a encore compliqué la tache.

Comme il ne parle pas sur le moment mais bien après cette période, le souvenir qu'il en a est naturellement assez sombre.

[ Dernière édition du message le 04/10/2023 à 20:29:40 ]

Clique droit puis "ouvrir l'image dans un nouvel onglet" pour la résolution maximale.
n3mo.jpg
Merci. C’est tiré de quel mag?
Edit : Rolling Stones HS.

[ Dernière édition du message le 04/10/2023 à 23:51:14 ]

AS HE HAD DONE ON ULTRA, DAVE WROTE SOME SONGS FOR EXCITER, AND PLAYED THE DEMOS TO MARTIN. BOTH TIMES HE FAILED.

“The only time really that I plucked up enough courage to do that was during the making of Ultra. I had that song, actually, which then was called The Ocean Song and I played it to Martin, it was a really rough demo, I mean it’s basically me tapping my foot and singing the melody and singing some words. I played it to Martin and he really liked it. And then for whatever reason during the recording it was presented to me that the song didn’t really fit in with the theme.”

THE OCEAN SONG WOULD LATER END UP AS THE B-SIDE OF THE PAPER MONSTER SINGLE I NEED YOU IN 2003, TITLED CLOSER. ALMOST THE SAME THING HAPPENED WHEN HE PLAYED SOME DEMOS TO MARTIN DURING THE MAKING OF EXCITER.

“He nodded his head and let me know that they were pretty good, but he never turned around and said, 'Great, let's record some of these for this album.'”

THIS WOULD LEAD TO PAPER MONSTERS AND SOME INTERNAL PROBLEMS. STRANGELY ENOUGH FLETCH WOULD BLAME DAVE FOR MARTIN NOT REACTING, BECAUSE HE HAD PLAYED THE DEMOS TO MARTIN WHEN HE WAS DRUNK, AND DAVE HADN’T ASKED HIM DIRECTLY IF THE SONGS COULD BE USED FOR THE ALBUM. THIS IS PROBABLY MORE PROOF OF THEIR INABILITY TO COMMUNICATE.

Hanging on your words