Acheter neuf Audio-Technica AE5400
- Terre de Son En stock / Livré en 24h 349,00 €
- Bax Music En stock / Livré en 24h 356,00 €
- Michenaud & Co En stock / Livré en 24h 414,00 €
- Espace Claviers En stock / Livré en 7 jours 415,00 €
Annonces Audio-Technica AE5400
The Audio-Technica AE5400 is a handheld condenser microphone tailored specifically for live use. Its claim to fame lies in its element: the very same as the vaunted AT4050. It's essentially a narrower cardioid AT4050 for live use. You may be wondering how I can say something this lofty. Live microphones are by their very nature less detailed than studio microphones, but more forgiving. I'm not one to judge a microphone based solely on specs; one has to try it first. However, let's look at a few of the specifications of the AE5400 compared to the AT4050's:
AT4050: 20-18,000 Hz
AE5400: 20-20,000 Hz
AT4050: 17 dB
AE5400: 14 dB
Signal to noise ratio:
AT4050: 77 dB
AE5400: 80 dB
What's going on here? Well, having used both, they're utterly different microphones. Don't fool yourself by thinking the AE5400 is better than the AT4050 "except for multiple patterns." The AE5400 is a remarkable live microphone and it IS incredibly possibly to get incredible studio vocals out of them, but it's not going to replace the AT4050. The AE5400 has a nice coloring to it that, if you look at the frequency curve, is designed to reduce sibilance, and emphasize presence and warmth.
Personally, I prefer the AE3300. This microphone, for me at least, is very good live, but it comes across as just another premium live microphone to me. Unlike the AE3300, which seems to have enough "anger" in its sound for me to absolutely love, the AE5400 is sadly, a little bit dull-sounding, especially when compared to the venerated Neumann KMS 105 it's supposed to compete with. However, its switches and features make it a heck more versatile, so don't toss the idea of the AE5400 before you give it a go yourself!
- Fabricant : Audio-Technica
- Modèle : AE5400
- Catégorie : Micros statiques à transistors à petite membrane
- Fiche créée le : 28/03/2004
- Utilisation typique : à proximité.
- Directivité Cardioïde.
- Pression acceptable : 157 dB.
- Réponse en fréquence : 20-20 000 Hz
- Sensibilité : –40 dB (10,0 mV)
- Impédance : 150Ω
- Rapport signal/bruit (1 kHz, 1 Pa) : 80 dB
- Dynamique (1 kHz) : 133 dB
- Filtre passe-haut : 80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Poids (sans accessoires) : 330 grammes
- Dimensions : L 179 mm ; Ø 50 mm
- Fourni avec : Housse de protection et pince AT8470.
Source : Audio-Technica
Distribué par Audio-Technica Europe
Autres micros statiques à transistors à petite membrane Audio-Technica
Autres catégories dans Microphones statiques à transistors
Autres dénominations : ae5400, ae 5400