Ajouter ce produit à
  • Mon ancien matos
  • Mon matos actuel
  • Mon futur matos
Vintage Revolution PedalPro
Photos
1/14
Vintage Revolution PedalPro

Sujet Commentaires sur la news : Vintage Revolution lance un multi-effet hybride

• 98 réponses
  • 24 participants
  • 20 447 vues
  • 29 followers
1 Commentaires sur la news : Vintage Revolution lance un multi-effet hybride
Vintage Revolution présente PedalPro, un système de processeur d’effets et de pédalier de contrôle analogiques contrôlés en numérique.

Lire la news

Ce thread a été créé automatiquement suite à la publication d'une news pour ce produit. N'hésitez pas à poster vos commentaires ici !
Afficher le premier post
Dear all,
thanks for showing so much interest in our product.
My name is Max and I am one of the design engineer of the PedalPro system.
I speak French but writing French still takes me a lot of time. So I will choose English or Italian to communicate in this forum.

I read carefully all your comments and they are all very interesting.
I fully understand your doubts, since in this crazy world everybody claims to be the best.

Since the PedalPro appeared to be interesting for the Dutch forum (more then 200 post, 8000 views in 4 months), Theo Nijland which bought the device a month ago, invite me for demoing to the most experience guitar players in the forum.

You can check their comments in http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/showthread.php?152690-Vintage-Revolution-Pedal-Pro/page21

For those who do not speak Dutch I summarize their opinion:
“PedalPro is something else, top audio quality…. Comparing PedalPro with digital is unfair…….”

If you go back in time in the forum the same guys had similar doubts like you.

So my idea is to come in France or to invite the moderators or what you considered a good reference so that you can get an opinion from somebody that you trust and play the unit himself.
you'r welcome to this french forum :-D
thanks to you, for your invitation...:bave:
Thanks jmabate for your welcoming.

Here is my reference: I am an Italian electronic engineer with several years of experience of analogue design in the Space Industry. I have studied classical guitar and Jazz guitar.
Sorry if it sound like showing off, but I have to give you an idea about my background.

I will try to explain the philosophy behind the unit and what makes it so different.

When I started the development, there was no idea to make it a business or a marketable item. It was just for me. In 2005 I had a good job and I could effort to buy many effects among Pedals and DSP. I would say I owned most of good popular ones.
... and like most of you guys, I was never happy about my sound… too thin, too noise, too many cables, too difficult to program. I just want it to have something simple where every knob was assignable to the expression pedal so to enhance my playing and store my settings.

In 2007 I had the first prototype which was fine for me and I showed to professional musicians.
Then the problems started :oo:
I remember the first comments “ the idea is great, but I do not like the distortion”
“the compressor is not fast enough”, “can you make a volume control in 3 different point of the chain …” ,” I would like to have filters to change position in the chain”….. many others.

Then I had to design a foot-controller for the unit:
So I ask for suggestions and they told me: “Please something handy! Our stages are small”, “Something easy to program, I am a musician not a programmer freak”, “ can you make something that does not make noise when I switch…”

The development went on for other 5 years, although from 2010 units were used in live concerts.
from last year

So the main difference between the PedalPro and what is available in the market, is that PedalPro was improved by the contribution of every professional I met on my way.
PedalPro reminds me a bit of LINUX. It started from users and got better and better.

Software upgrades are still under development for making the product as flexible as possible so that the users can uploaded for free from our web site using USB.

If you compare PedalPro to digital in terms of features, digital will always be superior.
But if you are looking for sound, inspiration and for something to enhance your playing you should check it out.

So in conclusion, I leave up to you to decide if this unit is bad, good or the best.

The only things for sure I can say: “We are very different”

[ Dernière édition du message le 10/06/2012 à 11:56:52 ]

I understand the philosophy of the pedal pro and I'm go to the same way !
one rack, for all your playing style !

I'm tired with all multi effect with modelisation with CPU charge and some rack that say you can set your patch with tones of FX...they understanding nothing, because the best sound is the simple sound !
that my philosophy :-D

I found it with the mesa boogie rectifier recording studio for the préamp section...
I was looking for a multi effect that can give me facilities to make the sound I want...that means :
a rack 1U or 2U with loop that respect the sound of my préamp
a loop that I can use like a FX unit
a loop that I can place any where in my sidechain
FX with the better quality as possible (wha, comp, od, pitch, phaser, chorus, delay, reverb etc
analog as possible...
midi controled...
actualy I have one patch with 2 pedals expression and I can get 4 sounds with it in this patch !
no need to make some "claquette" for looking the good patch :-D

I found the LEXICON MPX-G2 :-D it's one FX rack that correspond at my wich...
effect are digital but the OD is a analog unit !

the problem I found is the channel change in my preamp because is not midi, I have a rocktron replifex multi effect that can use for this point and connected in midi with the MPX-G2 I can do wath I want...

can the pedal pro make the same things (only reverb :-D)
if yes I buy it now :-D
In my view, you really have to try it.
On board with have only analogue effects top of the notch. Including Wah, OD, Distortion, filters, phasers etc.... but we haven't Reverb inside.
Has you see from other forums people that bought the PedalPro had to re-think about their sound set up because PedalPro is much more then 14 effects.
I use it with my eventide DSP4000 connected in the post loop.If you haven't seen video check it out

regarding distortion and overdrive check also this video especially at the beginning and at 3'12"

I visit your website and seen quasi all your vidéo...but I don't see and heard about a configuration like me ! :8O:
a tube préamp in the pré or post loop of the pedal pro !

I'm very interested about the analogue sound effect and the vidéo are very good for the presentation and sound :bravo:

about distortion I'm not intersted by the pedal pro for that, just have a OD, a boost for interventions or solos !

for me is not me to rethink my set because ... I play guitar since 20 years and my set was clear the same has now !

here a list of the rack fx that have interne configuration I like :
BOSS GX-700
ROCKTRON PROPHESY
LEXICON MPX-G2
DIGITECH GSP1101
DIGITECH GSP2120

if I purchase the pedal pro, my config must stay icon_facepalm.gif
MPX-G2 for the reverb effect in the post loop of the pedal pro :bave:
REPLIFEX for analog channel switch for my préamp :-D
Rectifier recording in the pré loop of the pedal pro ??? :bravo:
and all other analogue effect by the pedal pro :-D

icon_facepalm.gificon_facepalm.gificon_facepalm.gif

and pedal pro out to my 2x100w tube power amp :bave:

edit :
image.php

[ Dernière édition du message le 10/06/2012 à 13:59:29 ]

Hi jmabate,
this is quite a professional settings and I really like it. I really like your tube preamp. Some users use a similar configuration to the one you are experienced with.
The only think I would replace is the foot-controller.
For quality, features and sound possibility, in my view you have to use the Pedalino foot controller and control with PedalPro via MIDIout, pre and postloop all the other gears.

Like this you will have a dreaming setup.

Overdrive and distortion of the PedalPro are very close to tube preamps.
So in small giggs you may consider just to go with the PedalPro :)

Our boost has an optical programmable gain.

[ Dernière édition du message le 10/06/2012 à 14:24:22 ]

Citation de massi1234 :
So the main difference between the PedalPro and what is available in the market, is that PedalPro was improved by the contribution of every professional I met on my way.

Well, sorry if I might sound negative, but it's just too bad during all this time you haven't met any good UI and product designer. I'm not saying any word on electronic design, signal path or so... but for User Interface and design in general, you're really two or three decades behind and probably way too much 'vintage' to me. We are in 2012... not in 2007, or even not 1980 anymore.

Citation :
PedalPro reminds me a bit of LINUX. It started from users and got better and better.

Well, that's indeed a great comparison... ugly as hell, very limited compatibility with 3rd party developer, great technical but used by probably 1% of the population... If it's your target, I understand now :)

Nonetheless, as already said in your youtube video, I sincerely think your Pedalino is just a bad idea. Personally, when I have a 100W amp few feet from me, I clearly don't care about the switch noise... but I do care to have this physical touch feedback and confirmation I will get from my feet that I pressed correctly the switch. And I also don't need "one more" pedalboard with very limited features when I already have one to control my Amps, my effects, etc...

I don't want to hear from you that I shouldn't be using this or this pedalboard, I can make my own choices. What I want to hear is if your product could work and can be controlled with this or this pedalboard (you seem to avoid this question).

So, here's my question (again): Can we use the PedalPro without the Pedalino and still have access to all settings and parameters? (in few word, do you have full midi integration? because without it, it's clearly a waste of time to me).

PS: Please save me the 7bits BS about the Pedal, because if you know midi you also know we can use MSB/LSB to get 14bits resolution, so over 16,000 values, which is more than enough for a Pedal position.

Mon excuse à deux balles: .45ACP & 7.62x39mm

Ad Astra, Per Aspera...

@Spidouz. At the moment PedalPro is not MIDI in compatible.
It you like to program LSB MSB and having delay 6 midi bytes every time you change your expression is fine for me. So for example every time you would change position of the formant filters to create vowels (io iah iee), you will have to send 12 bytes out!
As guitar player latency for me is an issue.

PS: my purpose here is provide information and not convince anyone. So if you think that our product is not sutable for your taste is fine for me.

[ Dernière édition du message le 11/06/2012 à 06:43:03 ]

Hi everyone,
I just want to explain why at the moment PedalPro does not have midi-in software compatibilty.

When I started designing the PedalPro, it was to be used with MIDI-IN. This is why the physical compatibility.

During the development I realize that controlling the PedalPro with an external controller was to much programming and not really efficient.
But the point when I decide that I had to abandon the MIDI-IN was the wah effect.

For me making a great wah was essential. As you all experienced guitar players, you know that wah is really an important effect.
Now if you look in to the market, there are many multi-effects MIDI-IN compatible.
But none of them can make a great wah sound better or comparable to a Crybaby (or other models).
There are few reasons for it:
1) Midi messages are not for free. Every time you send a midi message you send 3 bytes out. If you are using RPN you need to address 6 bytes for one position of the expression pedal.
Every MIDI byte is 0,320 ms. This means that for RPN message I need almost 2 ms !!!
If you want to have a very good wah that it react as fast as Wah pedal you need to have your latency less then 1ms.
If you control two formant filters to make a vowel you will need 4ms (2x2 ms).

2) Zipper noise. see https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Expression_pedal:_zipper_noise
the work around is to use a damping factor which also introduce a latency.

Of course I understand, that changing a standard to go for a proprietary protocol means looking for trouble, but I had to make the decision based on improvements and achieving better quality.

The ADES protocol is bidirectional, does not require programming, and takes care about the dynamic difference between each analogue parameter.
Further you do not need to re-program the names in both foot-controller and effect unit.

After all what we really want is to enjoying the play and having a great sound ....

[ Dernière édition du message le 11/06/2012 à 10:23:07 ]