ou
Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Do you speak english?

• 189 réponses
  • 33 participants
  • 2 245 vues
  • 30 followers
Sujet de la discussion Do you speak english?
This thread is for all musiciens like me who used to speak english at school. Now we work, and it isn't easy to talk with this "usefull" language... For exemple, when you have to by a microphone to an us' shop, it can be difficult to understand, here, i propose an english spoke, not to loose what you had teach when you're young...

ready????
Afficher le sujet de la discussion
Hie men, how things?

Citation : Oï ! If yer wonh ter live in Scoutland, issnot English yer need ter prractice, 's whisky drinking

:oo: Oh my god!! Think its going to be harsh!! Especially for my shumanette.. is it true that the old term "thou" is still used in Scotland? Are you living there? I already met an afian from glasgow (which is my destination) but it's cool to have many points of view, so...

Rien n'est vrai, tout est possible.

Kouni > 'guess you must have practiced a lot in the pubs to get the raucous accent.
As soon as you have sex with a scottish person, you get the accent right :D:
http://www.myspace.com/orkestrafishnnoise - Que celui qui n'a pas traversé ne se moque pas de celui qui s'est noyé
It appears that French people are really loved by Scottish. Is it true? I really hope it will be right coz i'm gonna stay for at least one year...

I guess the French are more welcome in Scotland than the English... You'd better not try to pay with english banknotes, in some places/shops people will look at you like you're the last piece of shit on earth. They really will. Some might reject them. The Scottish banknotes have different designs and are issued by the bank of Scotland.
"Thou" might still me used in some remote parts of the country, but mostly not. I went there on holiday a few years ago, and normal people in big cities are nearly easy to understand. I didn't try the Highlands, though. But I went to Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch in Wales, so I guess this compensates for that.
Khaledouvre> :mdr:
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
Ok, thanks for the infos. What the hell is "Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch"? I'm going to stay in Glasgow, but I hope I will be able to travel across the country.

Scotland is a great country. Maybe not in winter, but very nice. Llanfairthingy is a small place in Wales, but it has the longest name for a town in the world. But, well, you only go there to have your picture taken next to the sign at the entrance of the town and to buy Jacky postcards with "greetings from blahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahblahgogogoch". There's nothing besides that. Oh, and the name means "The church of St. Mary in the hollow of white hazel trees near the rapid whirlpool by St. Tysilio's of the red cave". :zzz:
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
:mdr: Ok thanks :mdr: