Comparateur de prix
Petites annonces

Sujet Quelques infos

• 0 réponse
  • 1 participant
  • 1 338 vues
  • 0 follower
1 Quelques infos
Voici ce que l'on peux trouver, entre aute, sur le site officiel de Synton à propos du Fenix XL (et non GT):

Fenix Q&A

Here are some answers of some questions I get (15-12-2009)

-Fenix 2, Fenix XL Rumours:
After we stopped with producing the Fenix we hear rumours about the successor of the Fenix.

We want to try to give an answer at these rumours.

Q1- Will there a Fenix 2/3 and or Fenix XL.  See answer below

Q2- The successor will be an add-on for the fenix. See answer below

Q3- The Fenix XL will be available only for Fenix owners. The answer is NO. If we came with new units,

it will be available for everybody but in a very limited edition.

-Will there be an update that gives us a bit more information on the specifics of the instrument.

It looks bit like a sequencer and there are some nice sequencer demos on the page as well.?
The prototype is a modulair sequencer and there will be new proto of the modulair sequencer and

an analog modulair synth.

I cannot tell you any specs of thr final version because i want to use the proto's for testing differents modules. It will be a

strange configuration of modules. See the specification page.
If the proto's are finished and tested i will some information at internet. However if i ever start a small

production run this unit will be different as the proto.

-I've been noticing your posts to Youtube and have noticed a Sequencer of some sort that you

guys have created.

Is this for private use or do you intend to create a small run for folks to purchase in the future?

It is a modulair sequencer we made just for fun and for pricate use.

After testing the prototype (Fénix GT) i will make a decision if we start a small production run.

- Will the be one  ( sequencer and synth in one case) product or will it be separate products?

It will be separete products

what will be the approximate size - length/width/depth/weight?

the protype is about 48 cm (19") high and depth is 20 cm ( 8"). The final version will be 19" rackmount and 1 think about 45 cm high and depth will be also less as 20 cm ( 8")

-I'm wondering if the size will be as big if you do intend to produce.  It almost seems too large for me to wish to purchase it.  I have a small studio which the Fenix 1 works well, but do you plan to have a sequencer/synth panel all in one as shown in the photos?

The prototype are two units in one case.  This size is also to big fo me to produce.  The production unit will be separate unit and the size is almost the same as Fenix 1.

-When can we expect an update that gives us a bit more information on the specifics of the instrument.

-I will try to give an update when the prototypes  are ready.

See some info at the specification page. These are the specs of the prototype and not for a final instrument.

-Re questions to add a spring reverb. Wiard Noisering, Vactrol combo vca/filters, Wavemultiplier/waveshaper,

Wiard Wogglebug eo.

For now the prototype boards are ready (still need to assembled and tested). However the number of potmeters

and I/O busses are allready too much. But idea's are allways welcome.

reaction of a other fenix user:  I was surprised to read that people were asking for Wiard-like functionality
for the new F-2.  Wiard's philosophy is significantly different from the Fenix/Synton.

If I had a vote (which I believe I don't ;-) I would want more of what you guys do so well.

-Re questions to add From your site:
"Further, just to experiment and fun, a stereo phaser, dual chorus, SSQ, 8 steps sequencer with clock
and 3 different LFO´s (1 simple and 2 complex)."

I have reservations regarding the addition of a sequencer, complex LFO's, Wiard Wogglebug etc.
I would prefer to have more tone manipulators rather than control sources.

-The modules in the prototype are for testing. After the test i can tell which module is ok and and which is not or less and what is missing.

I love is loopable envelope generators. Would this be a possiblity?

A loopable envelope is possible. The problem is what should be loopable?
Fi Looping after the decay. (only attack end decay) or Looping after release (sustain time is zero) or Looping after release (sustain time is variable).
Only attack end decay is easy (if the sustain is low), but in that case you can use a PWM controlled LFO with slew limiter if the curve should be not lineair.
The other two are more complicated and need more controls ( switches, potmeters). I will think about it.

-Are you planning to go into production at any point and will the sequencer came out first?

I want to get the 3 prototypes done. two are ready. The third i must orde new pcbs. I am now ( dec 2009) updating the designs re the comment of the first prototypes.
After that i will evaluate the prototypes with the testers  and investigate a possible production. and after that i will make a decision concerning the production.

(Only) the prototype Fénix GT will be a seq and a synth in one case.

-What will be the prics?

I don't know the price, because i don't know what i will put in the unit. I don't want to make an expensive instrument but it will be a higher price as the fénix 1.  (Was about 1500 euro)

The prototype of the synth has 103 potmeters, 9 switches and 230 banana sockets compared to the fenix 1 which have

63 potmeters, 3 switches and 158 banana sockets.

The prototype of the synth has 3 times the number of ic's compared to the Fenix 1.

-In the Q&A section on the site you said Fenix 1 cost 1500 EURO, and that Fenix 2/3/XL has 3 times the amount of components compared to the Fenix 1. Does this mean the Fenix 2/3/XL is going to cost 3 times the amount  the Fenix 1 cost?
Which would make it's price about 4500 EURO, this is extremely expensive, I hope it is not going to cost this much.

The price of a product is not allways related to the number of components. The expensive parts like case, frontpanel, psu are needed only 1 time, testing is not 3 times the time. However some parts and also assembly cost are higher now.
If you looking to the fenix 1 prices in the market 4500 EURO looks to be a fair price, but i don't want to sell it for that high price.
The only thing i can tell it will by higher as 1500 and lower as 4500 euro.

-Will you be using just standard components or utilize any kind of custom components for the Fenix XL synth?

Will any form of surface mount technology be utilized?

There will be standaard component used in the Fenix, However standard DIL component became less standard today and i stil use the old CA3280 and CA3080 ic's (at least for the prototype) which are out of production.  But if i decide to use these kind of parts in production i will

keep these in stock and i will have a service kit with these parts availlable, or supply a set with the unit.

-My preference would be to exclude things like: step sequencers, complex LFO's, complex envelopes, random sources etc.
These sort of things can be done externally: the space can be used by devices that directly affect timbre; filters, effects etc.

The prototype will have both. The testers of the prototype must give a top 5 of modules which they think that can be exclude. (I don't want it make it bigger)

-Some hardware preferences; 
Heavy duty construction
Sealed metal shaft potentiometers
Revised internal PCB mounting
Two mono line outputs rather than a single stereo jack requiring a splitter cable

I agree somethings could be better, like the potmeters. For the prototype i use now Taiwan Alpha potmeters (some with bracket for securing the potentiometer and the PCB to the frontpanel). These potmeters look very reliable and also easy availlable. The output has now 2 jacks.

-Is there a waiting list and must i send a deposit

Yes and No.  There is a waiting list but i don't need or want a deposit.

I imagine that your waiting list exceeds the number of units you are likely to build. Is this a correct assumption? If that is the case, then how are you planning selling these? By mailing list order, first come-first serve, or ... ?

The waiting list is much larger as my production run, but it is not sure that everybody will buy the unit when it came out.
I think that everybody who is now at the list get his change to get a fenix.  However the list will be soon to big to provide everybody a unit.

-Are the VCO's and VCF's 1 v/oct.

The VCO's are 1 v/oct.  The SVF and 24 dB filter are also 1v/oct and also temp compensated. The other filters are approx 1v/oct.

The filters are not so accurate 1v/oct as the VCO's.

-What will be the input impedances and output impedances for the various 4mm banana sockets? I am interested in the drive capabilities or "fan out" (to use a CMOS/TTL equivalant term!).what will be the input impedances and output impedances for the various 4mm banana sockets? I am interested in the drive capabilities or "fan out" (to use a CMOS/TTL equivalant term!).

All CV/audio outputs has opamps outputs they can drive at least 1k without voltage loss. All inputs are >= 10 k. Drive capabilities or "fan out is not enough if you want to drive a cv input of a VCO. The CV signal may not change if you add an other VCO to the cv output.  Special outputs has a output impedances from let say 100 ohm.  But these are digital (gate) outputs and there alse buffers availlable. See also QA of the fenix 1 concerning outputs of a midiinterface.

-Are the Modules the same as in the Fenix 1

Only the VCA's, mixers and the ringmodulator are the same. Some modules like the VCO and VCF's has minor changes other has bigger changes and some modules are new (compare to fenix1).

-Are you going to stay with the light blue, green, and black banana jack colors, like on the original Fenix? I like those colors and the old knobs a lot, but understand if you want to go in a new direction too.

The banana jacks and the colours will be the same. For special outputs i use yellow bananasockets.
The old Fenix 1 knobs were to big. The first proto was the sequencer and i could not use 16 knobs and 1 switch in 1 row with the fenix knob.

I use other knobs.  With this knob i could add more potmeters to the front.
The proto type of the synth will also have these knobs.

-If you decide to start a production, when will the first unit be shipped

I cannot give an estimate time.

Producing the prototype cost more time because of production problems of the frontpanels. Before starting a production i must have a complete production ready design.  (The prototype design will be changed after the test).

Starting production and finaly producing the first batch of the case and front and pcb boards will take a long time. Fi ordering the potmeters and shipping will cost 2 month.

-Will there a midi interface at the the fenix.

I don´t want to design a midi interface. I have contacted some people for using there design or design a new one for me but i don´t get any response. So the answer at this moment is NO.

-Here is a question: will you provide a circuit diagram with each Fenix XL purchase? Maybe some buyers would like to try modifying the internal circuitry, or they might want to add their own MIDI interface inside.

With fenix 1 i did not supply a diagram. With the fenix XL i don't know yet. For the fénix 1 i cannot remember a question thats need diagrams.  For special questions i will try to give a answer to help and supply detailled information.

-I am wondering what my chance of actually being able to purchase a Fenix GT from you is once they go into production.

The Fénix GT is a prototype which contain boards with errors who are fixed with subboards. Its not realy a production model.
I will sell them but only at people i know here in the netherlands.

-Your synths are awesome!  But why do you do such a small production run? Is that to piss people off?  Only 75 Fenixs why not 750?

I have a full time job, and i am doing this just for fun. Making 750 is not so much fun.