Interface audio FireWire de la marque Hercules

Sujet Problem with Hercules FW16/12

• 11 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 2 445 vues
  • 3 followers
Sujet de la discussion Problem with Hercules FW16/12
Hi everybody,

first... sorry for writing in english but i can't speak french very well. :)

OK... i have a big problem with my Hercules FW 16/12 soundcard. After a while my soundcard seems to disconect from the pc and the sound stops playing. If i restart the soundcard, sometimes its working and sometimes not. If its not working i have to wait a little while and try it again.
I've tested it with 3 different PC and on everyone there's the same problem. I also installed the firewire hotfixes from microsoft without success. Also i have changed the power supply but this didn't help either. I also read the documents on the hercules homepage about configuring the pc but this didn't help, too.
Do you have any idea where the problem is?
Change your AC/DC transformer and test it

Have a nice day !!!!
SAND X...Soutenez le projet culturel de Kao Konnection..consolexlr/consolenumerique@hotmail.fr sur ebay=ESCROC.
I've already tested this with no success :(.
OK 3 other things to check in this order:

1) be sure to have the latest drivers on the Hercules web site

2) be sure to have for Windows all the FireWire and IEEE 1394 patches and fixes
(you can find them on the web, microsoft web site or on this forum, you have a dedicated topic as I had this issue a long time ago now)
If you don't find them, send me a email, I will try to find them again for you

3) change your firewire card for a better one

Good luck guy :clin:

MulToR

1: I have the latest driver installaled (1_H1612_2007.exe)

2: I think i have installed all the Fixes, but i will look at this again later when i'm at home (btw I'm using WinXP Pro SP2). Here I find 3 Fixes for WinXP are there more?
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/results.aspx?freetext=1394&productID=4C937A02-BAE0-4317-A1A9-0C56CD979D05&categoryId=&period=&sortCriteria=popularity&nr=20&DisplayLang=en

3: Tested the card with 2 VIA Firewire Controllers and 2 Texas Instruments Firewire Controllers and everwhere the same problem

I think i should add that this is my second try on the Hercules soundcard (I already had one two months ago). The last one i used, had the same problems. I bought them both on ebay. The orginal owners said that they had never problems with the cards so i think that it has to be a configuration issue on my side.

My system configuration:
Desktop:
Intel Core2Duo 1,8 GHz
2 GB Ram
Asrock Mainboard
Texas Instruments Firewire PCI Card

Notebook:
Asus X51R
Intel Core Duo 2 GHz
2 GB Ram
Via PCMCIA Firewire Card

msinfo32 shows that each firewire card has its own irq.
1) OK
2) I think you have to take care of point 2. There are at least 2 or 3. There is one topic about this.
3) I think you have also to avoid VIA controlers.

MulToR

Let me add something:

Here is what I wrote in one previous topic, it should work if you have those 2 fixes.
Make sure to be under Windows XP2 and that you have those 2 fixes for IEEE 1394 :KB885222 and KB904412.

Please also make sure to unactivate your internal audio card.

Bon en fait, en cherchant sur le web, il existe des patchs XP concernant le matériel FireWire (IEEE 1394).
Donc pour ceux qui ont un pb similaire, voici ce que j'ai fait:

1) Installation patch WindowsXP-KB885222-v2-x86-FRA.exe
2) Reboot
3) Installation patch WindowsXP-KB904412-v2-x86-FRA.exe
4) Reboot
5) Désinstallation Drivers Hercules
6) Reboot
7) Réinstallation Drivers Hercules 1_H1612_2007.exe
8) CA MARCHE

Je lance FL Studio et là miracle, je retrouve ma carte et le fameux driver HERCULES 16/12 FW ASIO

Espérant que cela puisse servir

A+

MulToR

MulToR

OK, thx for this info i will test that later and tell you if it works.
I cross my fingers for you :bravo:

MulToR

It didn't work :(. After 2 hours the sound went away and the leds were playing crazy. After i had turned the interface off and on it worked for a few minutes but than again the same problem :(.

The eventviewer is saying the following:

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: offset/status 80000004,c00000b5 failure after initial send for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: retry num/offset/status: 0,80000004,c00000b5 failure for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: retry num/offset/status: 1,80000004,c00000b5 failure for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: retry num/offset/status: 2,80000004,c00000b5 failure for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: retry num/offset/status: 3,80000004,c00000b5 failure for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.

KCommander::SubmitIsis2ReadOperation: retry num/offset/status: 4,80000004,c00000b5 failure for the device \Device\K1612FWDevice0.