1/55
Hercules 16/12 FW

Interface audio FireWire de la marque Hercules

Sujet Windows 7 drivers...

• 9 réponses
  • 5 participants
  • 10 485 vues
  • 4 followers
Sujet de la discussion Windows 7 drivers...

Hi, i just want to say im very angry with Hercules. When I bought the 1612fw, some people said that it was a bad idea, becouse what Hercules (then Guillemot) did with the Isis soundards. I was stupid and didnt hear... 

Now the history repeats itself. No Windows7 drivers, no 64bits drivers. Im trying to sell the card, but nobody wants a 'soon to be dead' card.

Ill try to dissuade anyone from buying Hercules products, and i just want to say you should do the same...

Thanks.

Netich,

1) 16/12FW was sold for 32-bit operating systems, it was never said it would support a 64-bit operating system.

2) Windows 7 official release date was 22nd October 2009, so it can take time to release Windows 7 drivers. Most FireWire audio interfaces (as Echo AudioFire series, Yamaha mLan) have not released Windows 7 drivers for the moment, because Windows 7 FireWire stack is different from Windows XP & Vista FireWire stack.

3) If you cannot understand Windows 7 has a different FireWire stack than Windows Vista, and if you cannot understand why isis didn't work in XP (SAM9407 could not be supported in XP since Microsoft removed the support of VXD buffers in XP, that is why the audio interfaces from Guillemot, Hoontech, Terratec based on SAM9407 could not be supported in XP), then, as you are a computer engineer, you don't make a big effort.

4) Have you tried installing the 1612fw in Windows 7 in using FireWire legacy mode?

I have found a workaround to the installation of the Hercules 16/12 FW drivers on Windows 7 32 bit (and probably also Vista SP2).

The problem is not the Hercules drivers, but the firewire drivers.

When I use the old Vista drivers (no later than SP1) for the firewire device (only Texas Instruments Compliant devises work properly), the Hercules drivers installs just fine and works like a charm.

Copy the Vista drivers from a Vista 32 bit system (no later than the SP1 version). Copy 3 files from the c:\programs\windows\system32 folder: 1394 (installation info), 1394bus.sys and ohci1394.sys and put them in a folder named "Firewire drivers" in the Windows 7 system32 folder (same location as in Vista).

Firewire driver Installation guide:

(1) Go to Device Manager and click on IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers

(2) Click on the device listed underneath this heading.

(3) Right click this device and select 'update driver software' from the shortcut menu

(4) Then select the option 'browse my computer for driver software'

(5) Then select the option 'let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'

(6) Select the folder with the old Vista drivers.

(7) Select the driver “Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller”

(8) Install driver

(9) Restart windows 7

You are now ready to install the Hercules 16/12 drivers and software.

I hope this will help you.

Best regards

Rendboell

I made a small mistake in the guide.

Don't put the folder with the firewire drivers in the Windows 7 system32 folder, but put the "firewire drivers" folder in the programs folder (c:\programs).

Hello,

Hercules has released Windows 7 32-bit drivers for Hercules 16/12 FW.

https://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=30&pid=161&cid=1
Hi Rendboell

I'm on Windows 7 and I'm very interested by your post. I need to use my Hercules 16/12.

I did exactly what you wrote for the firewire driver, with the “Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller” from a Vista system 32 folder. Then I installed the Hercules 16.12.1_H1612_2010 driver for Windows 7.

But the Hercules 16/12 control panel always says "Device not found" :(
Thanks anyway, but it did'nt work.
++

[ Dernière édition du message le 13/06/2011 à 17:08:10 ]

Probably because you do not have the same Firewire chipset.

Can you tell us what kind of FW chipset is on your computer?

JxB

Mainboard MSI K8N Diamond

--> IEEE1394 ports by VIA VT6306 controller

(http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/msi-k8n-diamond_2.html)

And the "new" Hercules driver (for 7) works fine on Vista (with no change of firewire drivers)... but I want it on 7.

Many thanks for your help...

[ Dernière édition du message le 13/06/2011 à 21:28:07 ]

If it works with vista, than it shold be the same for seven.

Perhaps on this step:

Citation :

(7) Select the driver “Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller”

I think you Should you select the VIA driver instead of the Texas Instrument driver if you have not done it yet.

JxB
I tried the VIA driver. But thanks!