Petites annonces

Sujet A-3340: Low record level on track 2

• 1 réponse
  • 1 participant
  • 121 vues
  • 1 follower
1 A-3340: Low record level on track 2
Hi everyone!

Hope that someone can help me on this one.

I have just bought a second hand TEAC A-3340 and have played a bit with it. After having cleaned everything thoroughly, all connectors, all heads and calibrated the LINE/MIC inputs and VU Meters, I have noticed an issue.

If all tracks play perfectly at the appropriate volume, I noticed an issue on the record part for a specific track.
For tracks 1,3 & 4, when I record, I can switch between TAPE and MONITOR and the levels shown on the VU meters are close, and the perceived level is similar. However, for track 2, when I switch between MONITOR and TAPE, I go from +1 on the VU meter to -20. I only barely hear the signal. It seems like the signal is "lost" somewhere before arriving to the record head.

I have tried tweaking the "REC LEVEL" trimpot on the board, but the increase in volume is negligible compared to the volume I should get. :??:
As said earlier, I know that it not a problem with the PLAYBACK part of the circuit, but only the RECORD part.

I have tried with tape on both sides (shiny and matte) and I know my heads are aligned because it plays fine.

Hope someone can help me with this issue!

Have a great day!
Solved! The issue came from a dead capacitor on the meter and REC EQ amplifier board. The capacitor C305, a 10uF electrolytic, was dead. I replaced it and now track 2 is working fine!