1/193
Boss FBM-1 Fender '59 Bassman

Sujet Nouvelle collaboration boss-fender

• 4 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 1 575 vues
  • 2 followers
1 Nouvelle collaboration boss-fender
Fender's amps of the '50s and '60s are beloved and coveted by guitarists around the world. BOSS and Fender have teamed up to give guitarists unique Fender tone combined with BOSS technology, sound quality, and reliability. Thanks to BOSS' technology and tone know-how, the new FBM-1 and FDR-1 bring the natural, fat, rich, bright tones of the 59 Fender Bassman and snappy overdrive tone of the 65 Deluxe Reverb to a BOSS pedal format. The FBM-1 includes the same controls as on the original Bassman; Presence, Treble, Mid, and Bass EQ. In addition to the true tone quality and durability, this new pedal offers BRIGHT IN providing an even brighter sound, similar to the original Fender Bassman.

The FDR-1 has the same controls as on the original Deluxe Reverb; Treble, Bass, Vibrato, and Reverb. Both pedals have an added Gain control as well.

These pedals also function perfectly as a "pre-gain pedal" placed before an already overdriven vintage or modern amp to add the famous tone character of the Bassman or Deluxe Reverb.

Fender's Ritchie Fliegler states, "We're constantly being asked... Of the many distortion devices out there, which one do we recommend to bring out the overdrive in these classic amps - and keep that Fender tone intact. After working with BOSS on this project - the answers are the FBM-1 and FDR-1."

These new pedals fall under the class of a new series of BOSS pedals called the Legend Series, products based on legendary products of the past.

By combining Fender tone with BOSS technology and sound quality, the FBM-1 59 Bassman and FDR-1 65 Deluxe Reverb provide road-ready stomp boxes that go to the true core of guitar tone.

et aussi le deluxe reverb

Celle qui reproduit le Fender Deluxe 65 Reverb, a l'air vraiment sympa, pour le prix d'une bonne pédale de disto, on a une disto justement, on peut booster son son clair ou son overdrive et on a un effet vibrato et une reverb...pour le prix de départ c'est plutôt résonnable...J'attend de pouvoir les essayer !

Free your mind & your ass will follow ! www.soundcloud.com/herrhektor

Et un petit tap tempo pour le vibrato (sympa tout ça)
Une revue choppée sur hc

Boss FDR-1
URL: https://www.bossus.com/

Price Paid: UNKNOWN
Submitted 03/12/2007 at 10:54am by Mike

Ease of Use : 9

* How easy is it to get a good sound out of it?
* How about Editing patches?
* How is the manual for it (if there is one)?
* Do you know the firmware revision number? Has your unit been upgraded?

This is the new "Fender Deluxe Reverb" pedal that Boss and Fender collaborated on. As with most Boss pedals, it's pretty easy and intuitive to operate. It has concentric knobs for gain and volume, single knobs for treble and bass, and another concentric set of knobs for reverb and vibrato (tremolo). The vibrato knob controls the intensity by default, and when the main footswitch is depressed and held, this same knob adjusts the speed. You can also do a tap-tempo speed adjustment with the main footswitch. Basically, you have all of the same controls as are found on an actual Deluxe Reverb, with the addition of a master volume.

Sound Quality : 9

* Can you get the sound of your favorite artists? Who are they?
* Are certain effects (distortion, chorus, ...) very good? Very bad?
* What setup (i.e. what guitars and amps) are you using this with?
* Is it noisy? On what settings?
* Are the effects weak or do they always sound great?
* What amp are you using it with?

I was pretty sure that I wouldn't like this pedal before I tried it. After all, the concept of having the sounds of one of the best guitar amps ever made, in the form of a pedal, just seemed pretty far-out to me. And I haven't been really sold on "modeling" technology so far. But, I figured it was worth a look. So as soon as I could get my hands on one, I gave it a try. I spent an hour demoing this pedal through a Fender Pro-Junior. While I won't say it sounds quite as good as an original Blackface Deluxe Reverb, I will say that through the Pro-Junior it sounded just as good as a Deluxe Reverb Re-issue. I play through a Bassman 10 most of the time, which is a fantastic guitar amp, but has no reverb or tremolo. I was planning on buying a tremolo pedal, but decided to wait until I could try the FDR-1. I'm glad I did. The vibrato (tremolo) sounds very convincing. It's pretty easy to get a sound much like the vibrato on a Blackface Deluxe. Then I tried the reverb. And I will tell you that I have never bought a pedal reverb, because none of them really sound much like Fender spring reverb. This one sounds extremely close. You start wondering how they got the springs in that little pedal. I found that the setting I liked on the pedal was about the same as the setting I usually use on actual Deluxe Reverbs. I tend to set the reverb around 3 or 4. I liked the fact that the knobs on this pedal were incremented closely to the actual amp. The tone controls do what they are supposed to do. It works best to set your amp tone controls flat, and set your tone on the pedal. The gain control on the FDR-1 is a real added jem. If you like the sounds of an overdriven Deluxe Reverb (and who doesn't) you will like this aspect of the FDR-1. It's better than most of the overdrive pedals I have heard. If you play through a dry amp like a Bassman, this pedal is a tremendous value.

Reliability : 9

* Can you depend on it?
* Would you use it on a gig without a backup?

I have only had this unit for a few days, but typically Boss pedals are very reliable. It has the same bullet-proof case as all their other pedals. It's small, so it doesn't take a lot of room in your pedal board. It's easy to change batteries, so I don't think there is much to worry about.

Customer Support : 9

* If you've dealt with the company, how helpful/friendly were they?
* Ever get an upgrade, or try and get it repaired?

I've owned several Boss devices over the past 30 years, and I've never actually needed customer support. But the company is probably the most reputable effects manufacturer in the business, so I don't think customer support would be a problem.

Overall Rating : 10

* What style of music do you play? Is this a good match?
* How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own?
* If it were stolen or lost, would you buy it again or get something else?
* what do you love about it? What do you hate? What is your favorite feature?
* Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one?
* Anything you wish it had?
* Does it help you make music, or does it get in the way?
* Anything else you'd like to share?

I play a wide range of music, including Blues, Surf, Classic Rock, Rockabilly, and Country. I'm 55 years old, and have been playing for 40 years. I use many different guitars, including Les Pauls, Strats, Telecasters, ES 335, and some Ibanez models. I play through only tube amps, including Marshall, Mesa, and Fender. I like traditional guitar sounds. If the FDR-1 had sounded like a cheap imitation, I wouldn't have bought one. It really surprised me. This pedal has great tones, and basically replaces three other effects in most signal chains (reverb, tremolo, overdrive). Considering you can buy one for $150, it's a fantastic bargain. I don't think anybody is going to get rid of their vintage '64 Deluxe Reverb, and replace it with this pedal. But if you don't have a BF Deluxe Reverb, and don't want to spend outrageous money to buy one, this pedal will make you happy. It's very versitile, full of classic sounds, and simple to use. There is nothing else like it, and if it were stolen, I would order another immediately.