1/237
Clavia Micro Modular

Sujet Un petit patch.

• 4 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 720 vues
  • 2 followers
Sujet de la discussion Un petit patch.
Voila je sais pas pourquoi mais j'avais envie de faire un petit patch de tb avec cette petite merveille qu'est le micromodular
dites moi ske vous en pensez :P:
et si vous avez vous même des patchs dans le genre n'hésitez pas partager...

donc pour en revenir a ce patch our l'instant c'est qu'une "ébauche" ya l'architecture de la boiboite (sans l'accent parceque je sais pas exactement sur quoi ça joue :mrg: )

donc une affaire à suivre ;)
le patch est
Cet article (en anglais) peut te donner quelques pistes :
http://www.tb-303.org/info/history.asp
C'est fou ça j'étais entrain de me dire "t'ai personne a répondu..." et voila une réponse... j'ai du être enlevé par les martiens...
merci pour ton article en tout cas je vais étudier ça...

edit : march pas ton lien :?!:
Mh ... ça passe avec un proxy, donc je fais un copier/coller :

The unique sound

I've listened a lot to the TB303 through the years. It's obvious that the sound is not heard alike on any other synth. Some people may claim, that there is no difference from the sound of the TB303 and Deep Bass Nine. Some may think they're able to make an acid track using a clone. I'd say they're truly wrong. A true 303-freak will be able to hear the difference, and they won't settle for less than the real thing/sound!
The reason for the TB303's unique sound is in my opinion:

Accent:

The accent is in my opinion the most important feature on the TB-303. This is what makes the basslines slam! It's not emulated properly in any emulator I've heard. Why? Because it's a complex thing:
The accent does not shape or alter the sound itself. What it does is it simply tweaks the vcf and the vca in a special way.
First of all, accented notes are louder than normal ones. About twice as loud. Therefore it's a fact that the accent knob controls the VCA.
Also, accented notes decay faster than normal ones. If an accented note is being played and the accent knob is fully anti-clockwise, you would not hear it saying "WAOuw", but more like "UW". This decay time is fixed and cannot be controlled.
If the accent-know is fully clockwise the sound will sound more like "WAOuw". The accent knob controls to what extend the filter should open. The accent knob, in other words, forces the cutoff frequency to rise to a certain level (determined by how much the accent knob is turned clockwise) and then fall back to a normal level. -Actually it will fall back to a level slightly lower than a normal note because of the fixed additional decay!
If several accented notes are beeing played in quick succession it really starts to get fun.
What happens is the cutoff-frequency doesn't fall back to it's normal level before the next accent will start, thereby causing the next accent to start at a slightly higher cutoff. This effect increases the faster (BPM) you play. The accent sweep is not linear. First, the cutoff raises quickly. Towards it's peak it rounds off a bit and then it starts dropping. Fast at first towards a smooth soft curve.
Accented notes also seems to be more resonant than normal ones. I think that's the reason why it'll scream or whistle instead of just saying "waow". The resonance slam contributes into making the accent the powerful hammer it is!
The sweep time is approx 200ms.

Slide:
The TB-303 slide is also unique. It uses what one could call constant time slide. This means, that the time it takes to slide from a "C-1" to a "C-3" is the same time it would take to slide from a "C-1" to a "C#1"! This gives some bouncy basslines not heard on many other synths. If a note is told to slide to another note, the actual slide starts on the succeding note, and finishes just before the gate turns the note off!. -Actually some people claim that it starts just before the succeding note, just as a real bassplayer would. I don't know if this is true or not, but with all theese screwy things going on inside this little box, why not!

Clipping:
The 303 seems to clip off amplitudes above 85%. Furthermore, where the clipping occurs, very high-frequency sine-peaks shows, just as if the sounds are sligthly highpass-filtered just before it's being played. I think the clipping adds crispness and shreddyness to the sound of the TB-303. No other synth that I know of has the same nasal sound as the 303! This is because of clipping. It might be an error or bug not taken care of back in the 80's, but never mind, it works in the 90's!

The filter:
The filter of the TB303 is a resonant lowpass 18db/oct. It will be driven into oscillation by applying resonance, but will never self-oscillate! The filter is, in other words, stable! There is not much else to say about the filter other than 18db/oct is not very used - most other synths tend to be using either 12db/oct or 24db/oct lowpass filters and then the fact that the filter is controlled by cutoff-, resonance-, decay-, envmod- and accent-knobs and that added togetger is in fact what created "the acid machine" back then!

I hope this small text will be useful somehow..
Frank Reitz