1/24

Sujet Drag and Drop dans Ableton Live 4 : Probleme

• 4 réponses
  • 3 participants
  • 1 756 vues
  • 2 followers
Sujet de la discussion Drag and Drop dans Ableton Live 4 : Probleme
Hello,

Je rencontre un petit probleme lors de l'utilisation de la fonction drag and drop de stylus : le fichier ne se déplace pas depuis stylus jusqu a ma piste midi dans Live.

Comme autre solution je "midifie" les boucles en les déclanchant avec mon clavier (avec la fonction groove menu) mais ce n'est plus du drag and drop

Donc une question aux utilisateurs de live : est moi ou le drag and drop de stylus dans live est il foireux ?

Merci de votre aide !
Allez personne pour me donner la soluce du probleme ?

Siouplé... :???:
From Ableton forum

Citation : Live does not support drag and drop of files (midi or audio) from an external program atm...

mais soluce proposée:

Citation : the work around is to drag and drop files from a folder on your desktop or where ever you keep your audio and midi files at, then access that folder from your live browser.

Citation : no it works.. this is what i did.. I created a folder in Ableton named stylus and then created a short cut on my desktop... drag and drop into there (i put it in the lower left hand corner for easy acces) then i open ableton folder in the live browser and then open the stylus folder and drag it into live.. and works fine... good luck

Enjoy
Apres moulte recherche j'ai trouvé la réponse, en anglais :

What you want to do is absolutely possible! And you DON'T have to have multiple instances of the RMX !

I wish I knew how to insert screenshots to explain this but I don't so here goes.

Let's say you drag your Stylus RMX device from the browser to the 1st midi track in a default Live set (that'll be track 3 I believe). I have the "Monitor" on this track set to "ON" and I have "Midi From" set to "All Ins" & "All Channels" but I don't think it matters. I have "Audio To" set to "Master" because nothing else made any sense to me for now. Next to the fader on this track I've had to switch the Speaker button off because 1 track I had delivered some low level leakage here.

You'll set up your 3 channel RMX groove internally in the RMX first. Then you need to have 3 more Midi track. I would ignore Audio tracks 1 & 2 to keep everything in order. Then I would alternate them so it would go Track 4 Midi for the "kick". Track 5 Midi for "your little groove". And Track 6 Midi for the "hi-hat". Just use the INSERT drop down menu for this stuff.

Now you need to do the routing. On all of the Midi tracks you can leave "Midi From" set to "All Ins" & "All Channels" and "Monitor" to "Auto".

We'll do Track 4 Midi 1st:

This is the Important Part. Set "Midi To" to "3 Midi" if you haven't renamed the track you inserted the RMX on. If you have renamed it "Midi To" needs to be set to "whatever you named it".

This will be the same for all of your midi tracks. When you do this another drop down menu appears below it. It should say "Track in". When you click it to open it, it will show 16 Stylus RMX channels.

Choose "1-Stylus RMX" which is the channel your Kick is on.

Follow this procedure for the rest of your 3 RMX channels.

Be sure select the next sequential item for "Track in" on the Midi tracks and "Track Out" on the Audio tracks. This will keep the right sound on the right track. (Ch.1 Kick, Ch.2 "A little groove" & Ch.3 Hi-Hat).

Now we drag the proper sequences from the RMX to the proper MIDI tracks in Live. You can get them from file broswer page in the RMX or from the Chaos Designer page after you've modified & captured a sequence there. Remember you have to drag to the desktop or a folder on the desktop 1st.

After all of this you can hit play in Live & work with the different sounds individually, set up multiple scenes in session view and;

To answer your other question you can double click a midi file you have dragged to a midi track and it will open for you to edit. It will be ascending chromatically as the notes represent slices of audio (similar to a REX file), but it's pretty easy to isolate what you're after and make a new groove.

I'm still learning Live, Stylus RMX & other pieces of software but knowing how to do all of this was a really big priority for me so I sat down and spent a whole weekend with the tutorials other documentation to figure it out.

I hope this helps you and anyone else who had questions about it. Lord knows I've lurked these forums learning tons & tons from the geniuses here and OSX Audio. I'm hoping this helps to pay back a little.

Sorry this is so long winded, and DAMN I wish I could type.

p.s. Stylus RMX works great in Logic Pro 6 too

Et voilà !
Merci pour l'info,
La méthode est évidente maintenant, mais sur le coup j'avais pris ça pour un bug. Par contre c'est relou de devoir separer l'ecran en deux avec une fenêtre pour mettre les fichiers midi sur le bureau, et la fenêtre Live. Vivement un deuxieme ecran. Ces petites infos, même en anglais, font la valeur des forums audiofanzine, merci encore.

Industrial music and visuals for industrial people.