Sujet Autechre

• 234 réponses
  • 36 participants
  • 7 995 vues
  • 24 followers
Sujet de la discussion Autechre
Salut,
Tout est dans le titre!?
Vous aimez, vous n'aimez pas (vous sitez souvent, de plus en plus ce groupe dans vos post)?
Vous ... je sais pas!
-Z3
Afficher le sujet de la discussion

Merci pour l'info. Il est sorti ce nouvel album ?

"C'est blazman legacy ici" (Apocryphe) / Live music / Soundcloud
Pour le mix Fact (au passage, très bon site de médias libres) :

https://www.archive.org/details/FactMix122Autechrefeb2010

Très bon ce dernier double ep!!

https://brblth.bandcamp.com/ -> Primal, nouvel album en DL. 

Déterrage de post, mais ça vaut le coup : Autechre a participé ce mois-ci à une session AAA (Ask Autechre Anything) sur le forum de watmm.

Sean et Rob répondent à beaucoup de questions posées directement par les membres du site.

Il y a plus de 4000 messages postés (j'en suis à peine à la page 29 sur 161, j'ai commencé à lire hier soir), et les très nombreuses réponses du duo sont passionnantes à lire, ça parle de matériel, de concerts, de musique, de leur manière de travailler, de collaborations, d'autres musiciens, et c'est rempli d'anecdotes de toutes sortes... Une mine d'or! :bave:

Pour aller plus vite dans la navigation, scrollez rapidement les pages et arrêtez-vous seulement sur les réponses de Sean et de Rob, voici leurs avatars :

Sean Ae : photo-17338.jpg

Rob Ae : photo-17334.png

Bonne lecture! ;)

Super, merci ! bravo

"C'est blazman legacy ici" (Apocryphe) / Live music / Soundcloud
Ayéééé j'ai tout lu! :bravo:

Ce fut vraiment très intéressant à lire, beaucoup de questions de toute sortes, Sean et Rob qui répondaient quasi en temps réel parfois (presque 1500 messages à eux deux en 5 jours).
Petit truc marrant sur la fin, Sean annonce qu'il va bientôt arrêter, et là Rob lui dit d'attendre qu'il ait écrit son 808ème post, comme ça Kraftwerk serait fier!

Citation :
sean if u go, wait till 808, kraftwerk would be proud.

then u can go get some crashage

pls

Bon au final il aura écrit 809 messages ;)

En tout cas ils sont bien cools tous les deux, n'ont pas du tout la grosse tête, ils se contentent de faire leur truc sans se prendre la tête.

Bon des fois je me demande s'ils n'ont pas raconté quelques conneries... Par exemple, quelqu'un leur demande quelle est la pire chose qui leur soient arrivée en concert :

Citation :
What's the worst thing that ever happened while playing live?

Sean : once my r8 caught on fire, and my hands were covered in vodka so they also caught on fire, and to put them out i starting clapping my hands together, and all the audience started clapping as well, and some of them started setting their hands on fire as well, as a kind of tribute

Puis des choses un peu moins cools, notamment un concert qu'ils avaient fait avec Roedelius et Fennesz :

Citation :
do you remember that gig with fennesz & roedelius ? i've seen pictures & always wondered about it, like some all star game or something.

Sean : that was actually a bit of a weird gig

i think roedelius had expected us to do beats like amber, and we were at that point where we had dived headlong into doing algo stuff, and we were giving him really weird rhythms. he kind of gave up halfway thru and starting playing solo piano stuff, so we all had to kind of back off and let him get on with it, cos he couldn't deal with the weirdness in the rhythm.

so it sort of happened in 2 stages, with us jamming with christian for a bit (going really well i thought), with bits of roedelius, and then a big solo section of roedelius playing sentimental piano stuff.

he shouted at us afterwards, i felt really bad. huge fan getting told off by elder statesman. he actually thought we had deceived or tricked him somehow. it's a real shame, we felt like we had fucked it up by being too adventurous.

Sinon, en vrac, à propos de sortir des albums live (ce qu'ils n'ont jamais fait) :

Citation :
we were discussing this recently (milking it for all it's worth)

the main barrier is the sheer amount of it we would have to go through, it's a few months work i reckon, if it was going to be comprehensive (and that's hard cos the archive is WELL patchy)

and we were debating what we'd actually do with it as well

ie. whether it's better to stitch the best bits of different gigs together (like a lot of 70s/80s live albums did) or to release them slightly edited (george lucas), or to touch them up here and there sonically, or leave them totally untouched

it's our style to release them untouched really - but they would sound a bit weak if we left them 100% intact cos they were mixed for a live rig, and what sounds good mixed in a venue can sound terrible as a 2 track master played at home (a bit better really loud on cans but never quite right)

the fact that we would prob end up messing with the sound sets off my autism and makes me want to make other changes

Ou encore à propos du MIDI :
Citation :

are you sending CV/ Gate out of your computers to external synths with these new computer cv boxes like expert sleepers? or is it Midi or native computer synthesis on the computer in your last couple releases?

Sean : we have a motu interface that can send cv but most of my stuff's internal

we don't use midi we made a better protocol. midi is stone age really

Will it be published for free or commercialy in the future or is it already available somewhere? How does old hardware recognize this better protocol? Does it behave significantly better when syncing software (DAW, or MAX) with external hardware?

Sean : nah we're only using it with our own stuff. it's incompatible with anything external, if we need midi we have to convert and we use sysex to do that usually, it works well enough

i'm not using any midi gear atm at all, rob still uses a bit but not much these days

we don't use midi we made a better protocol. midi is stone age really

could you elaborate on that? what did you improve exactly?

Sean : baud rate, resolution, the type of messages

it's not really a good way to ask the question tbh cos it wasn't designed as an improvement to midi, it's a different kind of protocol

but it makes midi redundant apart from for talking to old gear

A propos de Radiohead :

Citation :
By the way, what was the reason for not going on tour with Radiohead? I mean, was it a collision of two different music approaches (in case they wanted you to colab with them on stage) or was it because you were offered being just an opening act for their show (in that case I would fully understand - to play for people that are not really interested...).

Don't you regret the decision a little? I mean, money offered surely must had been good! :-)))

And what do you think about Radiohead's takes on making electronic tracks like Everything In Its Right Place and Kid A? I personally think they are very well produced, the vibe is strong.

we didn't want to play in stadiums to radiohead fans really. just seemed a bit superfluous

i dunno i mean they were good at writing songs and then they got into our stuff and their stuff didn't seem to improve much, i thought they would take it off in some mad direction but the critics bit hard, everyone around them got upset and they retreated. whatever

Bon je vais m'arrêter là, je vous encourage vraiment à vous plonger là-dedans...

Au passage, je me demande si une telle chose serait possible sur AF?

Bon AF est généraliste alors que WATMM est orienté électro, mais quand même? Imaginons (je ne trouve pas d'équivalent français à Autechre) un groupe comme Air qui participerait à une session AMA sur AF, ce serait dingue non? J'ai presque envie d'aller poser la question dans les fonctionnalités AF :-D
Pour ceux que ça intéressent ...
Le Livestream de leur dernier album SIGN joué ce soir sur leur site ...
Du fraichement Enregistré-Découpé-Partagé.
Bonne écoute.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1O2AgXt1N8YYs-kO5rTOUBmj9kzb6RDqV/view?usp=sharing
Bonjour,

Autechre est il un groupe en 2020 qui utilise encore du matériel hardware pour leur son ? Leur musique est tellement travaillée au niveau son que j'ai l’impression que c'est plus que des logiciels pour les sons.

merci.