Edirol UA-1000

Interface audio USB de la marque Edirol appartenant à la série UA

Sujet Usb to pcmcia problem

• 4 réponses
  • 2 participants
  • 583 vues
  • 1 follower
Sujet de la discussion Usb to pcmcia problem
Thank you all for answering my last post.
Hi Oistrakh !
I think nobody had ever encountered that kind of problem because all UA1000's users work with USB2 platforms! I've never heard about such a singular way to plug an audio card !!
- It may be a driver problem wich could had been designed for USB2 use only
- It also could be a PCMCIA problem
In fact, I really don't have any precise idea of where the incompatibility could come from ! :?!:
I hink the best thing you'd have to do is to contact directly the Edirol support and to mail them your situation.
You could also buy an USB2 provided desktop !! :lol:
Tell us about the progression of your research!
Good luck
See ya...
"Ne posons pas les questions dont on ne veut entendre les réponses"
My dear friend,

Thank you for your reply. Let's see:

1st.- It's my blame I bought this ua1000 because a great offer... I was in Germany (Frankfurt), at "Musikschmidt" (http://www.musik-schmidt.de) trying to buy Edirol ua25 or ur80, but I found this ua1000 in... 666€! so I forgot to read carefully computer requeriments... :??:

2nd.- At Edirol's support they are all mute about this matter. They say the problem is the best way to communicate ua1000 with PC is thru Intel chipsets (I guess both microprocessor and motherboard...), BUT!!! I have tried in AMD Athlon Desktop PC and my ua1000 works PERFECT!! Due to my ua1000 it works sometimes in my AMD laptop (under very, very special circumstances, oui...) thru that PCMCIA card (it's a poor idea, I know, but as I told you, I bought ua1000 with my heart not with my mind...), I guess the problem is not hardware, probably, as you sayed, drivers or other.

3rd.- Thank you. Yes, I will probably buy a new PC... :oops: but I've had an idea... :P: Have you seen new "Mac Mini"?

https://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/francestore.woa/91403/wo/Nl5HQ6alMlvd2MwGkgK1N8ZbjH0/0.0.11.1.0.6.13.0.3.1.3.0.5.1.2.1.1.0

I am waiting these people at Edirol decide to make drivers for Mac.... that could be great!

Have you ever visited http://www.musicxp.net ?, they have a page with GREAT tips to tweak XP).

Once more, thank you very much for your reply.

Cheers!

Oistrakh.
You're welcome :bravo:

Citation : I am waiting these people at Edirol decide to make drivers for Mac.... that could be great!

You'll have to be very patient and hopeful to, because they ain't in a hurry at Edirol's !! We (all UA1000's french users of AudioFanzine) are waiting for a driver update under Win XP concerning the control panel wich is not very comfortable to use, as you could have seen, for long long monthes...
Keep the faith :ange:
I think you've nevertheless made the good choice to buy that audio card.
I wish you the best issue for your problem!

Thanks for the tips !!
Good luck and enjoy your UA1000 the more you can !!
See ya

Lil' Korgy
"Ne posons pas les questions dont on ne veut entendre les réponses"
Lil' Korgy,

Thank you for your welcome message.

Yesterday I was at my uncle's home and we could test my ua1000 in a new Toshiba Laptop PIV with USB 2.0.

Just after a perfect installation and a few problems with "demo song for Cubase" included in driver CD (when we opened it in Cubase, a terrible distorted sound, noise, glittering, scracthing and every "scary movie" noise you can imagine, involved the room with our faces twisted...), we were able to solve it and began to record.

We tried a wonderful AKG c 4000b condenser microphone. The result was Edirol has a very, very good sound quality; hot, sweet and smooth.

As you will know, it is very important to tweak XP appropriately for each computer, because I could see in both machines (PIV laptop and my mum's AMD desktop) I tried ua1000, we could hear some little noises when using the XP configuration it comes as "standard".

I applied the tips from Musicxp.net (from 1 to 26, one by one), and my computer is now much, much faster than ever, in every sense (maybe I should say "not as LAZY as before...).

About Edirol's people... I think that control panel, with no "vumeters" (can I say so? -volume meters...-) in a thousand Euro machine, and any other things... could be intolerable for many people.

Anyway, I will try to be patient...

So, thank you once more! :clin:

Oistrakh.