Séquenceur généraliste de la marque Cakewalk appartenant à la série Sonar 2

Sujet WDM ou Asio?

• 0 réponse
  • 1 participant
  • 629 vues
  • 1 follower
Sujet de la discussion WDM ou Asio?
Salut,

Vu que je me posais la question, je me suis dit que ces réponses pourraient aussi vous intéresser:

"I am using SONAR XL 2.2, and am wondering what the best driver to run is. I am currently running ASIO, but I hear that WDM may be better. Is there a basic set-up for SONAR that you could suggest?

In SONAR 2.2 the WDM driver may still be better. After you've installed the WDM driver open up Cakewalk and go to the Options/Audio menu. Inside here click on the Advanced menu tab and then note the little pull-down menu to the left side. If you select WDM drivers here and restart SONAR it will only display the WDM sound cards on your system. After this is done browse to the Options/Audio menu and click on the Driver tab, then only select the UA-700 for input and output here. You'll have to restart SONAR again, then go back to Options/Audio and on the General tab click the Wave Profiler button. After that's finished slide the latency bar on the bottom of this menu to the left, until it's set at 6.0ms. That should do it!"

"Using SONAR with the audio card you already own

SONAR works with any Windows-compatible audio card using WDM, ASIO, or MME drivers. Windows Driver Model (WDM) is the open Windows standard for low-latency audio performance, and is supported by every major hardware manufacturer. WDM can provide you ultra-low levels of mixing latency, and fast, responsive soft synths. If you’re running a recent Windows operating system, you probably already have WDM drivers loaded.

"Trust me: WDM is the only way to go"
—Craig Anderton (Sound on Sound magazine, June 2002) "