1/97
Edirol UA-1000

Interface audio USB de la marque Edirol appartenant à la série UA

Sujet UA 1000 Zone sinistrée ?

• 28 réponses
  • 11 participants
  • 2 676 vues
  • 5 followers
Sujet de la discussion UA 1000 Zone sinistrée ?
Alllllllllllllllllllloooooooo ?
Je pose cette question parce que cette carte, bien qu'ayant l'air "d'la mort qui tue" n'a pas l'air de déclencher des foules d'amiration sur les forum :8O: . Âucun avis n'est enregistré et personne ne réponds aux posts à ce sujet.
Alors voilà, je le clame haut et fort : si qqn l'utilise, qu'il se manifeste pour faire partager son expérience !!!
A moins que chacun n'attende que les autres ne fasse le premier pas.... :mdr:
Elle a l'air cool avec plein de p'tits bouttons partout et tout et tout...mais elle s'installe bien ? L'USB 2 ça marche bien ??
Voilà en attente de généreux posteurs

MK
Perso, je pense plutot que personne n'a de problemes donc personne vient demander de l'aide sur le forum :)

moi je compte surement l'acheter fin septembre - debut octobre....c'est a dire dans pas tres longtemp .
En effet c'est une explication qui se vaut...
En même temps il n'y a pas besoin d'avoir de problème pour visiter les forums non ? Y'a plein de MAOistes (scusez pour le jeu de mot tendencieux...c'est pas voulu mais je vois pas comment dire autrement) qui regardent les formus pour se tenir au courant des mises à jours, des news... concernant tout, qu'il s'agisse de Hardware ou de software.
Je suis sûr qu'il y en a et qui n'osent pas se manifester....les p'tits timides.... :lol:
Bref, personne n'a rencontré d'incompatibilté avec un chipste quelconque ? Avec un matos quelconque ? hm ??...bizarre. Même les trucs les mieux conçus ont toujours des p'tits problèmes... Ou alors les acquereurs d'UA 1000 signent une close de confidentialité à l'achat ??? :mdr: A moins que ce ne soit des réminiscences du KGB.... :D:
Bon...bah je crois que ça doit être un bon truc alors cetta carte.

MK
En fait je crois me souvenir d'avoir vu un gars qui a cette carte et qui allait poster un avis, j'avais vu ça y a environ 1 mois dans un forum A.F concernant les RME Audio je crois....vais essayer d'aller retrouver ça .

Pitetre que t'as raison concernant la close d'achat :8O: :bravo:
Bon, j'arrive pas à trouver de review sur cette fichue carte mais par contre, un post sur ce forum :
http://www.futureproducers.com/forums/showthread/threadid/39312

vient de me degouter de cette carte.... Je m'oriente plus vers une echo layla en pcmcia maintenant. j'acheterais plus tard des bon preamps...

dommage, c'etait sympa pourtant cette carte en usb2, beau design,etc...tant pis.
Alors des news, finalement j'ai peut etre parler trop vite :)
donc j'ai envoye un mail a un site us qui vend la echo layla, l'edirol, enfin ttes les cartes son "professionelles" en lui demandant SINCEREMENT ce qu'il pensait de l'edirol par rapport à la layla, il m'a repondu tres vite

[...]
I've attached a review of the Edirol UA-1000. I've heard a lot of good
things about these, but I havn't used one so I can't give an informed
opinion. I do own and use the Echo Layla 24 and I'm very happy with it.
[...] (le reste du mail concerne les preamps que je comptais m'acheter)

donc je poste la review en anglais :
=============================================

UA-1000: TO THE TEST

Make: Edirol
Model: UA-1000 USB (2.0) Audio Capture
Date: August 9, 2003
MSRP: $945

The Edirol UA-1000 is “the world’s first USB 2.0 Audio Capture device.” With a product title as robust as that, people are now curious. I’ve spent some time with my UA-1000, and now I’ve thrown everything I can at it. Before I give the dirty, raw, results, here is some basic Q&A:

Why USB?

First off, as a part time producer and studio owner, there has been significant use on my part of the USB connection for Audio. It has been the answer to several common problems with computer sound cards: quality, portability. Every one of my friends does not own a studio, and it isn’t always practical to bring someone’s instrument to my house. Awhile back I purchased a simple USB 1.1 USB Audio device and I was able to transport it to and from work as well as to and from friend’s houses. It has been great. I’ve even taken my audio interface with my laptop to a mountain, while connecting it to my car stereo, to work on some sequences. What a concept!

Why USB 2.0, Why USB 2.0 with Edirol?

USB 2.0 is the second time around. Sure, everyone in the music and industry has heard of pops and clicks with digital audio, or computer sound card issues with latency. There are tons of technical obstacles when doing anything on a computer, but what solves them? Cooperation. When companies share information and technology, they are capable of solving issues much faster and preventing them on a much deeper level. This is what Edirol and Microsoft have done. Edirol, as a part of Roland, has been part of the core design of computer audio interfaces since the days of MS-DOS applications that asked for a sound card driver choice between: “Adlib, Sound Blaster, or Roland”. That’s how far back these two players have been teaming up. Microsoft has designed the USB 2.0 Audio update “HotFix” for Windows XP SP1, specifically for the UA-1000. Sure, it will probably serve other purposes, but it’s a good feeling when I get a CD-ROM with both my operating system manufacturer’s name and my audio interface manufacturer’s name on it.

So all of that is nice and dandy, but how realistic is it?

It’s here, it works. I have two test machines for recording/monitoring, playing software synthesizers, and other applications. (The dirty, raw, results come now):

Test Machine 1: Soyo Motherboard with P4-845PE chipset, Intel CPU 2.4ghz/533mhz clocked at 2.79ghz, 256MB RAM PC-2700 DDR, Maxtor ATA133 HDD w/2MB Buffer, Microsoft Windows XP SP1, Intel USB Host Controller Driver

Test Machine 2: Shuttle AN35N with nForce2-Ultra400 chipset, AMD CPU 2500+, 512MB RAM PC-2700 DDR, Maxtor ATA133 HDD w/2MB Buffer, Microsoft Windows XP SP1, Standard Microsoft USB Host Controller Driver
Both of these computers were able to perform everything Edirol has advertised about the UA-1000:

I was able to record 20 channels (using 2 UA-1000s) for a minimum of 25 minutes before I considered the test successfully at 24 bit, 96 kHz on both computers while monitoring through software at only 12% CPU usage with 2 milliseconds of latency. In recording terms, it’s rock solid.
Note: 2 milliseconds on USB is approaching the lowest PCI latency measure of .7 milliseconds at 96 kHz (which is achieved by Edirol’s other 1U rack computer interface: DA-2496)

I was also able to play out 20 channels of 24 bit, 96 kHz audio out of the UA-1000, effect it with everything from my tube compressor to hardware EQs, and record it back into the UA-1000 while only monitoring what was coming back in.

I was successful in playing several layered software synthesizers in the background with one live – at 2ms of latency response time.

The routing on the UA-1000 control panel is perfect.

(Input, output, monitoring, pan, link, buffer, routing, master/channel controls, etc):

Other features:

100% of the control panel settings are saved INSIDE the UA-1000! So if I take mine to a different computer, it already is setup for the routing I had last.

It has savable presets for your control panel options.

When you add a second UA-1000 to the same computer, there is another pseudo-image of a rack unit added onto the bottom of the control panel as a bar to click on for your second set of UA-1000 options.

The device is capable of stereo 192 kHz audio playback, as well as ADAT I/O.

The mic preamps are sonically clean, and sound deep! The AKG C-3000B and the Studio Projects B-1 both compliment the UA-1000 well.

The UA-1000 includes the rack mount adapters, standard.

The input signal indicator lights switch from green (standard) to red (warn/peak).

In summary:

The UA-1000 is a solid, stable, fast, portable, and clean interface. Every detail and nuance about its functionality proves that the UA-1000 has been extremely well thought out, well tested, and manufactured with high standards. As noted in the device manager screenshots, even with a non-branded USB Host Controller driver, and even with IRQ resource sharing, I was able to perform perfect playback and record operations in low latency. There have definitely been some improvements in software control of resources in Windows XP, and some extreme improvements in USB Audio drivers. If any doubt exists about USB Audio, this product kills and buries it.

Isaac Balloun, fireseven@comcast.net, (360) 510-2909
================================================

En gros ça dit, c'est bien, ça fonctionne. Donc j'hesite maintenant .... :/
Ça fait un moment que je tends l'oreille pour avoir des avis "made in france"
mais si tout le monde attend d'avoir des news pour l'acheter on peut attendre longtemps.... :fou:

parce que il parait:
(les bruits de couloir, il parait que ça fait réagir)
les drivers sont pas encore tres au point...
Edirol c'est pas pro...
usb, c'est pas stable
la couleur n'est pas la meme que sur la photo...
ma grand mere, c'est mon oncle...
:pong:
et alors?
Oui on peut attendre lgtmp mais perso je vais pas me sacrifier en achetant du matos si je ne suis pas sur que ce dernier me satisfera ENTIEREMENT :non:
Donc :

Edirol c'est pas pro ?! POURQUOI LES GENS DISENT çA ?!! vraiment je comprend pas...

usb pas stable ? l'ua-1000 fonctionne en usb2 je ne vois pas pourquoi ça ne serais pas "stable".... j'ai un disque dur externe (archos recorder) en usb2 depuis 1an et demi (des que c'est sortie) , jamais eu aucun pb (W2K pro).

couleur pas la meme ? ah bon ?!?

pas de chance pour ta grand mere :bravo:
MOTU 828MKII, bien mieux...
Systeme pro tools bien mieux.....

super comme argument, perso j'ai pas 1500€ a foutre dans ma carte son....
La echo layla je peux l'avoir à 475€ neuve donc je crois que je vais foncer dessus.
Mais suis d'accord que la motu est excellente :)