Créer un compte

ou

Sujet Depeche Mode

• 1 159 réponses
  • 99 participants
  • 32 224 vues
  • 67 followers
1 Depeche Mode
Je m ecoutais du depeche mode la, ,et je me disais que sans eux ya des groupes qui seraient pas comme y sont maintenant...je pense a Paradise lost par exemple...
Vous trouvez pas que c est un groupe culte vous?
Afficher le premier post
Citation de kosmix :
Vous n'avez aucun respect pour les morts :oops2:

:mrg:

On me l'a dit aussi quand Phil Spector est mort. :mrg:
Les 9 & 10 avril 1983, DM donne deux concert à Bangkok. Une carrière change...

Depeche then flew on to Thailand to play two shows at the Napalai Convention Hall in Bangkok. It was by far the most exotic destination the still-unworldly boys from Basildon had ever seen, and some of the scenes in the Thai capital shocked them. Dave Gahan was appalled by the child beggars and open pedophilic exploitation he saw in Bangkok, while Martin Gore was horrified by the contrast between the wealthy Western businessmen in their luxurious hotels and the poverty-stricken young prostitutes outside offering up their bodies for a handful of baht. Depeche Mode had never been a remotely socially conscious band—“We don’t have political views, I don’t think,” Gahan had informed Sounds—but the Third World degradation in Bangkok made a lasting impression on Gore. It would also impact on their next album, which Gore began writing as soon as he was back in Britain.

“He wrote pretty much all the next album in a couple of weeks straight after those trips,” Wilder was to report. “They seemed to come together pretty quickly and it was obvious that all these bizarre places such as Bangkok had opened up a few eyes in the band.”

They had the songs and they had the cutting-edge equipment (even if they were a little fuzzy on how to work it). Yet going into their third album, Depeche were keen to rethink and reboot the way that they worked, in fresh surroundings and with new people around them.

Gittins, Ian. Depeche Mode: Faith and Devotion
Eh oui, le choc des cultures. Balavoine en avait eu un aussi lorsqu'il participa au Paris-Dakar... la même année.

Putain Walter mais qu'est-ce que le Vietnam vient foutre là-dedans ?

The musicians and their synthesizers were mounted each on a small platform, leaving a considerable expanse of stage for singer Dave Gahan to prowl.

‘Visually this is a story of four haircuts. Gahan’s is black, angular, inflexible. Alan Wilder is the rock ’n’ roll rebel, all grease and quiff, while Martin Gore is the post-punk fetishist, a ’30s health and strength haircut over crossed leather body-straps, black miniskirt and leather trousers. Andy Fletcher looks like one of the hipper children’s television presenters – smart, modern, friendly, exhorting the audience to clap along. The wholly electronic music remains a deal harder than you might imagine from the records. I left Wembley a bit of a fan.’

Radio 1 DJ John Peel
Depeche Mode, Black Celebration Tour, Wembley, UK – April 1986

Malins, Steve. Depeche Mode: The Biography
Ah vilak, merci pour ces posts

On the internets, nobody knows you are a dog

Mes sons

Vous remarquerez que pour les shoot sur scène du clip de Question of Lust, ils ont pas osé laisser Gore en cruiser mais l'on revetu d'un très sage uniforme

fc8d903c7663fe5cb4a6dd22658d852e.jpg
R.4ab36804f6a5c80d77fbdf2edf10c4c8
The band made the seemingly suicidal decision to be supported by Primal Scream,

Like moths to a flame, the battered Mode returned to the US with a stripped-down, less costly version of Devotional for one for the road: a final string of thirty-four arena and auditorium dates. Martin Gore was to call them “the straw that broke the camel’s back.”

For these shows, the band made the seemingly suicidal decision to be supported by Primal Scream, then the most visibly chemically driven band in Britain. Gahan was the driving force behind this move. “I’d picked the Scream because I’d heard that they liked to party,” he said. “I really liked their record [screamadelica] and it sounded like we’d be a good combination.”
“Dave thought it would be great to have someone in a similar condition to him on the road,” Wilder wryly confirmed. “He literally spent more time with them than with us. He would go and stand on the side of the stage and watch them play every night.”

Gahan got into the habit of all-night jamming and partying sessions with the new arrivals. Primal Scream’s antics included onstage fights and arrests for public nudity and drunkenness. In New York on June 16, Select journalist Andrew Perry joined the circus. At a pre-show backstage gathering, Gahan was “shovelling cocaine up his nose at an alarming rate” when he beckoned Perry over. After talking to him briefly, he yelled at the writer that he would “curse him,” bit him on the neck, and stormed out of the room. “I assumed he was completely out of it,” Perry, not unreasonably, later told Q. “But then, on stage, he was together and professional.”

Gittins, Ian. Depeche Mode: Faith and Devotion
Citation de roth weiler :
Ah vilak, merci pour ces posts

Surtout celui sur les coupes de cheveux. Définitivement indispensable à tout fan de DM :mrg:

Merci à mon pote Super Shogun, du Forum de la Lune Rouge.

Review issue du magazine "Rock" de décembre 1982.

j94j.jpg
Des chérubins ? Ah ouais carrément ! :mrg: